Made in: .....................Brussels to decide

Vittorio Tabacchi: “Thousands of jobs are at risk and companies are forced to clear customs abroad”
The following is the complete interview with Vittorio Tabacchi, Knight of the Order of Merit for Labor, published today in “Sole24Ore”.
Stacks of cardboard boxes marked Made in China were stored in run-down warehouses and contained 600,000 pairs of eyeglasses with counterfeit brand names and fake prescription lenses.
Yesterday’s maxi-confiscation by the Milan Financial Police was further confirmation of what Vittorio Tabacchi, Knight of the Order of Merit for Labor and president of Anfao, the Association of Optical Goods Manufacturers, has been saying for some time. “We must be more united inside the system. You see what happens on the outside? We’re being attacked on all sides”.

What are you referring to?

I’m referring to the "Made in Italy" law that was passed by Parliament and came into force in the middle of August, without any transitory period. This is a penal law and a period of adjustment was necessary. I’m talking about the law that the next Council of Ministers is very correctly preparing to put on hold. May I ask you a question?
Please do.
What counterfeit brands were seized?
In order of quantity: Armani, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry's, Gucci and Dior.
You see? My company has three of these labels under license. But where did these fake eyeglasses enter Italy? Genoa? The solution lies in strengthening existing laws. Otherwise, how can we react to attacks from the outside? I think it is right to insist on transparency; as Anfao, we have prepared a code of conduct for governing delocalization, a tool that has never been shared at corporate level.
You worked on it for a year, what happened to it?
Nothing, it died. Together with all the other companies in the district we tried to sort out the existing code and to explain what an entrepreneur’s contribution of originality signified. But instead of this code we suddenly found that we were struggling with a law that attacks the entire manufacturing sector.
Which productions are most affected?
read all of it:
http://www.eyesway.com/index.php?idcont=11357