Thread: essilor kappa tracer to edger data transfer

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Smilie essilor kappa tracer to edger data transfer

im new to an essilor kappa ctd finishing system and i can't download the user manual from gerber.
    does anyone know how to transfer the data from the tracer to the edger once the lens frame has been traced and the lens blocked?
    and also how to trace a pattern on the tracer.

"blessed to give; grateful to receive"

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm not in front of it but there is an icon close to the left of the edger that looks somewhat like a computer (or maybe it's supposed to be the edger) and that should transfer the data directly to it. Tracing a pattern? Like a lens from a grooved rimless maybe? Use the square thingy that fits in where the frame usually goes to get traced. The lens or pattern if you will gets stuck on there with a leap pad. The tracer will know what you have in there and do it's thing. If all else fails try whatever until you hit the right button. I'm sure this could be explained with more accuracy if I were there sorry.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoisland58 View Post
    I'm not in front of it but there is an icon close to the left of the edger that looks somewhat like a computer (or maybe it's supposed to be the edger) and that should transfer the data directly to it. Tracing a pattern? Like a lens from a grooved rimless maybe? Use the square thingy that fits in where the frame usually goes to get traced. The lens or pattern if you will gets stuck on there with a leap pad. The tracer will know what you have in there and do it's thing. If all else fails try whatever until you hit the right button. I'm sure this could be explained with more accuracy if I were there sorry.
    Just a note, but if you flip the "thingy" over, and remove the big screw, it has prongs to hold a pattern.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by obxeyeguy View Post
    Just a note, but if you flip the "thingy" over, and remove the big screw, it has prongs to hold a pattern.

LOL. There you go. Never used a pattern on it.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The picture of the computer icon will only dispay if you are connected to a computer and using some kind of OMA program.
    The operator's manual is not available on the GC website, only the service barcodes are.
    To transfer the shape from the tracer to the edger, simply press the first button to the left below the edging screen. It will have a green circular arrow icon. Or if you have read a barcode number before tracing, when you want to retrieve the tracing, read the same barcode with the barcode reader at the edger.

If you cannot transfer at all, you may have lost the communication connection between the tracer and edger. If so let me know and I will give you the instruction on how to reconnect, it is very easy to do.

Thread Information