Thread: looking for labs

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

looking for labs

hi all, i am looking for a lab that does the 360 ft,or any feeform other than progressives. thanks in advance.:)

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

us optical

US Optical in E Syracuse NY can do Auto II SV , Zeiss Individual SV and digitally surface all other conventional sv lenses including polarized SV by request.

www.usoptical.com
    Money carefully refunded

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    For freeform lenses that are done in house we use the Hoya lab system, for us the Cleveland lab is the closest, but they have a regional lab system, so check local listings. I'm wearing the Nulux EP which is their freeform SV, I'm a -5.25 -1.00 X 115 in my worst eye and I prefer that lens over the E 360, which I have in the identical shape. And of course they also have the ID and ID Lifestyle for a freeform progresive.

The other lab we could use for free form, that we have an account with, is Three Rivers in Pittsburgh since they do most of the Zeiss and Shamir lenses in house and while I'm not sure about Zeiss, I know Shamir has the Autograph II SV. Though I know that they can also get all the Essilor/Varilux freeforms, but I do not know it they do they in house. However, we have yet to order any freeforms from them, so I cannot attest to their quality.

For the Essilor 360 I actually got it from our primary lab which is Optical One in Youngstown, OH (not to be confused with the Optical One in CA), but as I said I prefer the Hoya lens in SV over the Essilor lens, and our doctor prefers the ID Life over both the Comfort 360 and Physio 360. Just to note that Optical One have to order in their freeforms so all the 360s we've gotten were actually made in Dallas.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by ezrich View Post
    hi all, i am looking for a lab that does the 360 ft,or any feeform other than progressives. thanks in advance.:)
    If you want FT freeforms, as we have mentioned here, any freeform lab can and should do them. All that they are is a FT-28 or ft-35 or Exec or round or whatever, that has the minus side surfaced using freeform SV software. EASY MONEY !!!!!

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    thanks for the feed back. we currently use autograph s/v & prog. office,element & seiko free form. my lab will only do s/v or prog. we want to jump into free form with both feet. looking for phone no. of labs that "do it all". thanks again. Richard Sanchez

Thread Information