Thread: director of operations, wholesale laboratory, NY

Master OptiBoarder imatters.net's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

director of operations, wholesale laboratory, NY

imatters is pleased to offer a wholesale optical management position in New York with one of the prestigious vendors of premium ophthalmic lenses and supplies.
    duties preferred: previous management experience, exceptional customer service skills, knowledge of coburn, gerber surfacing equipment, budgeting and product management is required.
    Also preferred experience in all operations associated with marketing and sales of corrective lenses of all kinds, including spectacles and contact lenses, at the retail and wholesale levels.

Very strong communication, training, and consulting skills with the proven ability to develop market strategies based on local demographics and development of professional relationships. Excellent benefits, bonuses and relocation available.

contact charisse !, direct number, 866.412.4115, and send your resumes to charisse@imatters.net..need to fax? 866.461.4097

who are we? only your best resource for up to the minute jobs that never make it to the papers! we give you the inside track to your new upwardly mobile ophthalmic career! find out more about this position at www.imatters.net.. at imatters..all matters are completely confidential and at no cost to you! recommend a friend and get our fab finders fees too!
    imatters...ophthalmic staffing by ophthalmic professionals

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper I could not agree more!

This person is showing their core values in such a move and that is just the beginning of the story. If the core is ?, just use your imagination as to what the rest holds.

All job posters should have to at least be members who are held to some standards of ethics and if violated, they can no longer post.

This is a privilege and not a right to be part of this forum.

Craig

Occupation

the suggestion for support!

hello all! charisse here with imatters! as many of you are aware, imatters supports many industry organizations and has for 25 years. imatters was created as a resource for all opticians, and technical personnel to have a confidential resource for both up to the minute jobs, and a way to have fair representation to employers. as industry professionals ourselves, we have scholarships, tip and techniques to enhance your career, and have made it possible for many candidates to find not only a great paying position but also a way to transition to other venues with their careers while using the talent that we have accumulated.
    i started as an apprentice optician in florida and devised the apprentice network, 25 years ago and imatters 10 years ago.
    i thank each of you for reading our postings and have arranged for support of the optiboard site as well.
    i too appreciate support and if you see an opportunity that you can recommend a friend, or if you hear of an opportunity with an employer, i would appreciate your dedication to recommending us.
    thank you fezz, and rusty, and several others for contact me directly!
    i can be reached directly at 866.412.4115,
    charisse

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Random thoughts on issue

Hello All,
    Like I read in the thread that Fezz posted the link to, I found optiboard by doing a job search online. I did not see anything there that fit for me and found Imatters through another site. Charisse set me up on an interview and I got the job not too long after that. My job is with a good company and the pay is above average. She handled everything perfectly. She followed up with me after the interview and kept in touch throughout the process. She even called a few weeks after I was hired to see how everything was going. I would recommend her to any of my fellow Opticians who are looking for work.

I really don't know about the financial aspects of Optiboard but I think somebody who is getting good jobs for our members should not pay anything. In fact we should thank them for their service and hope they continue to post. I agree that the companies who post what amount to advertisement for their products should be charged.

Just my 2 cents. You can PM me and I will be happy to discuss further.:cheers:

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused Please read your own comment again!

Quote Originally Posted by migsopt View Post
    Hello All,

I really don't know about the financial aspects of Optiboard but I think somebody who is getting good jobs for our members should not pay anything. In fact we should thank them for their service and hope they continue to post. I agree that the companies who post what amount to advertisement for their products should be charged.
    How do you suppose she gets paid! She did not offer to support this board, just tell us how she supports the industry. This is not alot of $ we are talking about.
    I pay to show my support for the forum and the industry and feel all commercial accounts need to be a sponsor to advertise services they make money on. It is more double talk and lack of action!

Craig

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Read it twice

Craig,
    I have read it again and stand behind what I said. I don't know where your issue is.

1. I know how she gets paid and guess what, when she gets paid so does every person she helps find a job.
    2. I don't know how she supports the industry other than finding people good jobs but I am sure she would elaborate if asked.
    3. You are certainly entitled to your opinion on commercial accounts being made to pay to be a member but that is not the current policy.

Perhaps this would be a topic for discussion with the board owner. Lets think about the possible results. Make the job posters pay and they don't post jobs any more. Optiboard members will be forced to look to other sites for employment leads. How exactly does that help this site?
    Last edited by migsopt; 07-27-2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: grammer

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by imatters.net View Post
    hello all! charisse here with imatters! as many of you are aware, imatters supports many industry organizations and has for 25 years. imatters was created as a resource for all opticians, and technical personnel to have a confidential resource for both up to the minute jobs, and a way to have fair representation to employers. as industry professionals ourselves, we have scholarships, tip and techniques to enhance your career, and have made it possible for many candidates to find not only a great paying position but also a way to transition to other venues with their careers while using the talent that we have accumulated.
    i started as an apprentice optician in florida and devised the apprentice network, 25 years ago and imatters 10 years ago.
    i thank each of you for reading our postings and have arranged for support of the optiboard site as well.
    i too appreciate support and if you see an opportunity that you can recommend a friend, or if you hear of an opportunity with an employer, i would appreciate your dedication to recommending us.
    thank you fezz, and rusty, and several others for contact me directly!
    i can be reached directly at 866.412.4115,
    charisse
    Craig & migsopt,

Please look at the highlighted portion above. It looks to me that they are willing to support the board.
    A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am glad she did it but still think she should not have fealt bullied by our members into doing so. The bottom line remains she is doing our members a service by finding them good jobs as she did with me. Oh yeah and it did not cost me anything. That sounds like support to me.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am not the one who decides who, what, where or when, but this was posted in the in News Forum:

http://www.optiboard.com/forums/show...619#post304619
    Last edited by Fezz; 07-27-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I can assure you it was not Imatters unless they changed their policy. Like I said, they got me my job and I paid nothing.

Occupation

how we do business..imatters

hi all!
    wow! thanks for the support both through the phone, blogs and more!
    imatters is the largest data base of industry professionals in the nation.
    we only specialize in the eye industry. imatters has become the best resource for our clients (the ones that pay for our services) and our candidates (the ones looking for the jobs) our goal is simple, great jobs for great people.
    our client list (the payors) range from corporate clients like oliver peoples, optical shop of aspen, cohens, essilor , hoya, to private and multi unit private practices. we are considered the leading resource for the best quality candidates in the nation.
    i take pride in each of you that do choose to better your career by considering an opportunity that we have. and each of our candidates that is hired becomes part of our extended family.
    imatters is a business, we network we attend continuing education and we feed 5 families here, with the services that we provide our clients. sounds just like how most of us get paid, providing a service...whether dispensing eyewear or guiding the hiring process.
    it is the choice of the client (the practice or corporation that hires us) to outsource their HR needs, and it has become quite common for companies to call imatters versus managing hiring on their taxed schedule.
    imatters is not a traditional recruiter, you are a person here, with a family to feed yourself, and rent to pay, when you consider a new opportunity, you have the right resource to understand the day in and day out of your job and can create more value for that position, by having an advocate in the field.. all confidentially, with no fees, and complete upfront understanding of the job scope before your resume leaves our office.

our reputation of success is 97% of our placements still on the job 4 years later.
    thanks to all of you and especially to Bob F, appreciate your willingness to call me first about this! you are the best!
    keep in touch !

Thread Information