Thread: Two soldiers and friends lost within the past 2 weeks

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Two soldiers and friends lost within the past 2 weeks

Now that the celebration has passed, I feel it is important to remember those who have died to gives us our freedoms. I'm asking my fellow optiboarders to please pray for two fallen soldiers and their families. It has been an honor and a priviledge to have had my life touch by these brave men.

The first is 1st Sgt. John Blair of Calhoun, GA. His mother has worked with me for the past 4 years and he left behind a wife and two small children. He died during an hour and a half long conflict with the Taliban. He was found after the conflict with his finger still on the trigger. He gave his life shielding his men from enemy fire.

The second is Lance Cpl Seth Sharp from Adairsville, GA. His family was notified today while attending the morning church service of my mother-in-law's church. The details are not known at this time. He was a very young man who had his whole life ahead of him. He joined the Marines because he believed that our country had given him so much, that he need to give something back.
    Ophthalmic Optician
    Society to Advance Opticianry

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thank you for sharing the stories of these two men.

my prayers for their families and my thanks for their service.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I am in awe of the people that put their lives on the line for their country, even if the politicians that put them in harm's way did not have the same courage themselves and may have even done it for less than noble reasons.

The people in the Armed Forces and all our veterans deserve our thanks. They also deserve to have leaders that do not take their sacrifices lightly.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Unhappy In honor of Ray Morales

Another friend of mine died in the line of fire this week while stationed in Afghanistan. He was part of a supply line that ran food, armory and medical supplies from base to those in the field. Details have not been released at this time, and are not expected to be made public due to security reasons. I have known Ray since he was 8 years old. He leaves behind a wife, three daughters and a son. Ray was one of the kindest, funniest men it has been my pleasure to know and will be missed. Please remember him and his family in your prayers and thank him for the freedoms that he gladly gave his life for.
    Ophthalmic Optician
    Society to Advance Opticianry

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My thoughts are with you Gagal, as well as the family of Ray Morales. Thank you sir, for the ultimate sacrifice you have made to help keep us all free, right, or wrong.

Thread Information