Thread: Tips on entering VSP frame info...

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Tips on entering VSP frame info...

This threads purpose is to share any tips when using the new VSP frame data entry system.

So far I find entering the SKU is worthless. I'm also just entering a letter under frame info and going right to the next screen and entering data from there. Any detailed frame info on the initial page seems to go into the ether and leaves you at the next screen anyway.

Also I notice that it seems to be hit or miss regarding a drilling fee (V2703) showing up on the fees screen. A silhouette TMA Must had it a Colorama did not. Are you finding this also? I know it's a moot point to some degree as everyone that I've dealt with has drilled rimless coverage.

Again please refrain from VSP flames as this 800 lb. gorilla is here to stay imo.

:)

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Again please refrain from VSP flames as this 800 lb. gorilla is here to stay imo.

:)
    Disagree. With the rapid commoditization of eyewear on the internet, how long will it be before those *discount-centric* VSP and Eyemed clients discover that buyin' glasses from places like Coastal Contacts costs them less than HALF of their normal Co-pay under VSP or Eyemed.

The asteroid is comin', you dinosuar vision plans. You'll be extinct before you know it...

Unless of course, your mantra changes from the primary member benefit being lower cost, to one of higher quality.

But who could actually guarantee that?

As Uncle Fester has pointed out, we've not had much luck moving the 800 lb. gorilla. Perhaps the rapid changes affecting eyewear distribution will force "him" to leave he room all by himself.

No gender bias intended.

Barry

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Back to the thread...

I'll stand corrected on "search". Clearvision Marchon and Safilo do seem to come up after clicking "search". All sizes and color options programmed so no complaint there.

Thread Information