Thread: Slit lamps from China?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist

Slit lamps from China?

Has anybody imported these from China.Some claim to have CE certification and ISO cert,are they any good?

Occupation
    Optometrist
    welcome to optiboard..

i have 1 here.. i will not suggest you to have that supported with few reason..
    1. high mag which you need for endotelium assessment is almost impossible.
    2. the gear ratio is bad which you need to rotate the joystick so many round but it just been raise up very slight.
    3. illumination is not that equal in certain angle.
    4. considered your job i will strongly recommend you the Topcon with digital imaging which i sure it helps your practise and your patient to understand their condition better.
    5. i have tried the Topcon set and it is really good..

hope it helps you, Dr.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Welcome!

Not good if you realy need to see something!

CL fit only!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeap View Post
    welcome to optiboard..

i have 1 here.. i will not suggest you to have that supported with few reason..
    1. high mag which you need for endotelium assessment is almost impossible.
    2. the gear ratio is bad which you need to rotate the joystick so many round but it just been raise up very slight.
    3. illumination is not that equal in certain angle.
    4. considered your job i will strongly recommend you the Topcon with digital imaging which i sure it helps your practise and your patient to understand their condition better.
    5. i have tried the Topcon set and it is really good..

hope it helps you, Dr.
    What brand gives such poor quality?Does it have CE marks or ISO certifications.
    I once saw the electric innards of a Chinese made lensometer in KL,it made my decision to pick up a Nidek much easier.I was hoping for a better made mechanical/optical device(not electronic) like the slit lamp for a second lane.I was hoping that CE marks and Iso cert meant something.
    Thanks

Occupation
    Optometrist
    For that i'm really not sure because the set is already 2-3 years old. heard from some supplier saying that most China made will have similar problem. Agree with Lenny, just enough for CL fitting but not ocular disease diagnosis. i will stil prefer Topcon thank any other slit lamp.. shin nippon n nidek stil have some problem with highest mag but is much stabil than the china made..

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist

What is ISO

ISO certification doesn't hide bad or questionable engineering and/or design. ISO certification is meant to give buyers some understanding of how the product will be supported and whether there was any due diligence done to produce the product.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There have even been rumors, just rumors mind you that the Chi-Coms have been known to knock-off, trade marks, certifications and other significant things on thier products. I'm sure they wouldn't do this on anything as significant as an optical instrument.
    Just things like, drugs, vaccines, dog food, clothing, automobiles, children's toys, housing insulation and stuff like that.
    Of course we don't really mind as long as they buy our worthless paper bonds.

Chip

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Made in China......................

Just look at the Japanese 50 years ago. Everything was cheap and crappy, and today they have put GM and Chrysler into bancrupty, while they advanced the US corporations have been sleeping.

The chinese have started smarter. European and American companies have shipped their machines over there including some advsiers. They are technically equipped with the best and if management of the company keeps their fingers on the tab they can produce very decent items and will advance much faster than the Japanese ever did.

I can make no judgement on a chninese slit-lamp but whenever I see one it is still the old Swiss made Haag-Streit model that has been around forever.

Thread Information