Thread: Winter Weight!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Winter Weight!

As usual, I gain a few pounds in the winter, but this past year it seems to have gotten out of control. Put on about 25 pounds since Nov '08, and have become uncomfortable, to say the least.

Set my mind to shed this by the end of June, and I am 2 weeks in and am down 9 lbs at this point. My regimen is I walk at least 2 miles every day, and I do 100-150 sit-ups per day, with the help of my ab-lounger. I watch my carb intake and avoid anything with white flour as much as possible.

Final goal, a solid 33 waist, which I am close to, but loose the 3 months pregnancy look, as I am male.:D

Whats your secrets to loosing the extra few pounds, and please don't say cut the necter of the Gods(beer)?

Bad address email on file LilKim's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I've gained about 10 pounds over the last year, and have not been pleased with the extra pudge on my tummy and butt area. I've cut out cheese and reduced my fried foods, over the last 2-3 weeks have lost 5 pounds. I'm losing an average of .3 lbs a day because of such a simple change in diet. The only increase in physical activity I've made is playing outside with my dog a little more. Since it's been hot out lately, I guess that's factored in to aiding the weight loss.

Although fried mozzarella from Carrabba's is my Achilles' Heel. :p If it's there, I WILL eat it, lol.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Well, my husband has lost 127lbs and I have lost 57lbs since last June. We lost a lot of the weight through taking karate classes 3 to 4 days a week and eating lean cusines for lunch instead of take out. Unfortunately, I have been stuck for the past 2 months, but my husband keeps loosing. Not trying to hijack the thread or anything :shiner:, but, if anyone knows how to bust through a weight loss plateau, let me know.

Good luck on the weight loss!
    Ophthalmic Optician
    Society to Advance Opticianry

Thread Information