View Poll Results: Have You Had an Encounter?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have seen a UFO

3 13.04%
  • I have seen an Alien

1 4.35%
  • I have not seen either but believe their possible

16 69.57%
  • I've looked into UFO/Aliens and don't think their possible

1 4.35%
  • I've not looked into UFO/Aliens and don't think their possible

2 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Have You Had an Encounter?

Something Wicked This WayComes AngryFish's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Have You Had an Encounter?

A research psychiatrist from Yale came to the conclusion, based on twenty years of study in the field of alien abduction, that between 3% - 5% of the population has encountered alien life. The previously "accepted" number was just under three thousand.

I think we have a pretty even cross section of political, religious, philosophical and metaphysical diversity here a group further varied by geography, socioeconomics and education so I figure its a pretty even test bed.

There should be two or three of us who have first hand knowledge if his calculations are correct. I believe most UFO's are military vehicles, but not all. Several former astronauts are out and talking about what they have seen and know the government is not talking about, the quotes of some famous Americans like Douglas MacArthur, Ronald Regan, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter and others are compelling and I have seen remarkable video evidence and personal testimony that leave me firmly in the believer category.
    Last edited by AngryFish; 05-29-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Text
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    When I warp here to Earth I do have the occasional encounter with a human. What's really fun to do is use my Optical Encounterizer to distort my image as perceived by the lowly human. I can look like I'm ten feet tall, or three feet tall, and I have skins to change my surface texture so I can look like I have any sort of outer integument.
    Then before I leave for home (via de Broglie waveicle) I make sure to hover over some fields of grain and use my Precision Compressor to write lewd graffiti into the fields. Often this is misinterpreted as Crop Circles, but OH, if they just knew what they REALLY said!!
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

See why you bought it...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    before I leave for home (via de Broglie waveicle)
    The grillework on the dBw is phat!

Only cooks humans to well however.;)

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I've only seen the ones from the planet Grybnik. They're all purple and like to play games with humans. Sometimes they take me for rides in thier space ship. They only come here when I forget to take my anti-psycotic drugs :(

Vision Equipment OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor Leo Hadley Jr's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    I believe we are at the center of the universe and there is absolutely no chance of life on any of the gazillions of other planets out there........
    And I am still not convinced the world is not flat.
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment
    T: 855.776.2020

www.visionequipmentinc.com

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticLabRat View Post
    It is here is Kansas.

Actually, not only is earth the center of (my) universe, but I am the center of (my) universe. Everywhere I look, I'm in the middle of it all.

Isn't that 3-5% of the population the same amount that have seen an angel or the Virgin Mary? Ever notice how only Catholics see Mary? Or how these apparitions go away with medication?
    Last edited by MarcE; 05-29-2009 at 04:05 PM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We are in optical Mr. Fish, of course we've seen aliens, as we all have those that are so wacked they must be from outer space.:bbg:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I'm with Einstein...

Quote Originally Posted by OpticLabRat View Post
    I believe we are at the center of the universe and there is absolutely no chance of life on any of the gazillions of other planets out there........
    I'll qualify my no/no answer to the poll questions that visitations are not possible because of distance.

But remember my theory that the only reason we exist is to aid in the spread of bacterium and viruses. The real rulers of the earth.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    BTW, my specific feelings were not on the poll, so I will share.

It is very probable that life exists on other planets.

I doubt seriously that they have been here. The only reason to travel that far and expend that amount of energy/money/resources is if the payoff was worth it. If ET life ever visited earth, it would be looking for food or slaves or other resources like plutonium.

The first step would be a probe, right? Maybe a probe has visited. But Greys? No way!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I watched Mork and Mindy once. Does that count?

Banned
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Given the vastness of infinity, it is very likely that there are very many cases of "intelligent life" out there (Not quite knowing the exact measure of the of the area of which we are speaking, it is more likely than unlikely that there is an infinite number of these cases. My guess anyway.) It is just as likely that we will never encounter any, given the vast areas of nothingness.
    That's my conclusion.
    Then you see stuff like this. The "object" appears quite indecisive and confused.

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

please look at the red light

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by k12311997; 05-29-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    Given the vastness of infinity, it is very likely that there are very many cases of "intelligent life" out there (Not quite knowing the exact measure of the of the area of which we are speaking, it is more likely than unlikely that there is an infinite number of these cases. My guess anyway.) It is just as likely that we will never encounter any, given the vast areas of nothingness.
    That's my conclusion.
    Then you see stuff like this. The "object" appears quite indecisive and confused.
    WORD!

Um-- Like I said...

I smell smoke...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Ophthalmic Optician
    Society to Advance Opticianry

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Now I See's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Although I've never had an "encounter", yes, I believe that there is life on other planets. I just can't bring myself to believe that in all of this entire universe we would be living on the ONLY planet with life...:)

Banned
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    That's my conclusion.
    Sorry, I left this off.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxK21...eature=related

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter varmint's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    OK I have to post here. I was an eyewitness to the phenomenon know as "The Phoenix Lights" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sONgzwxomLQ

I was driving toward my new home construction site & pulled off the road, got out of my truck, and stood directly under the "lights" for a couple seconds wondering what i was looking at before it took off at an unbelievable rate of speed. I watched in amazement as it went out of sight, then proceeded toward my home site but kept quiet about what I saw as I knew the construction crew would think I was nuts. I only spoke of it after I read about it in the next days paper, but my first reaction was it was some kind of experimental military plane, of course that still makes it a UFO to me.

The aliens all came into my optical store during the following years.

Thread Information