Thread: Guess what the Cat dragged in

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Guess what the Cat dragged in

Guess who showed up uninvited in my humble town this past Saturday?

JOHNs.

He drove to SE Kansas just to see me! I'm so flattered.:bbg:
    This guy is everywhere.

He is gracious, likeable and shorter that I imagined.

We had lunch and talked about the kids and our storied past.

Nice to finally meet you John. Thanks for stopping by!

BTW you can call Victor at eMagine Optical at 800-767-8545 for the You's line. Actually here is the complete line in all the colors: http://www.emagineoptical.com/Frames.aspx

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The pleasure was all mine!

I do enjoy traveling, and as I drove into your town, realized that I had been there only 11 months earlier with my family! I had no idea that's were the headquarters of the MarcE Optical Empire was located.

I really appreciated you taking time out of your Saturday to meet me for lunch, give me the key to the city :D, and give the the tour of your grand office! As I remarked, your office reminds me a lot of Snowmonster's up in Purdue Country, which I've often commented on this board that I think it's one of the best I've seen.

Visiting with you was the highlight of the trip, and I've told many people back home about the awesome location, and the great job you did with the building.

I knew from your posts that we had a lot in common, and after seeing your office, as well as the selection, I saw that we even buy the same!

Thanks again for your hospitality!:cheers:
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Guess who showed up uninvited in my humble town this past Saturday?
    Yea, but who was he really looking for, check his GPS.

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by obxeyeguy View Post
    Yea, but who was he really looking for, check his GPS.

Knowing John with his GPS, he was probably going to New York and ended up in Kansas.

Luckily, Johns wins every argument with his GPS. (or unplugs it)
    A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Allright wise guys...check this out

Go ahead, dog my GPS all you want, but I'll tell you something cool I did with it over the weekend.

I hate to fly, but had to in order to get back in time for Mother's Day. Well, on the plane I was bored, so I took out my GPS and turned it on.

Talk about COOL! At first, it wouldn't pick anything up because it was confused, and then it asked me if I'd traveled "several hundred miles" since using it last. When I replied "Yes" it found the satellites and went to work.

On the way out, out top speed was 461, but on the way back, we had a top speed of 765! It was really neat to see exactly where we were (unlike in Richmond!:D:shiner::bbg:) Everybody sitting around me kept asking me where we were, and I was trying to figure out a way to some cheap for the next flight, and I can rent them out.

I did check out the rules, and GPS devices are allowed, just not on take off and landing, so I didn't have to worry about getting arrested (at least not for that...)

So before you losers start dogging me on my GPS, think about that when I'm a multi-bazillionaire w/ my in-flight GPS rental company.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

"Please wait until the captain has turned off the no smoking sign before turning on your FezzJohns SkyEye System, available from your stewardess for a rental charge of $8"
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    Go ahead, dog my GPS all you want, but I'll tell you something cool I did with it over the weekend.

I hate to fly, but had to in order to get back in time for Mother's Day. Well, on the plane I was bored, so I took out my GPS and turned it on.

Talk about COOL! At first, it wouldn't pick anything up because it was confused, and then it asked me if I'd traveled "several hundred miles" since using it last. When I replied "Yes" it found the satellites and went to work.

On the way out, out top speed was 461, but on the way back, we had a top speed of 765! It was really neat to see exactly where we were (unlike in Richmond!:D:shiner::bbg:) Everybody sitting around me kept asking me where we were, and I was trying to figure out a way to some cheap for the next flight, and I can rent them out.

I did check out the rules, and GPS devices are allowed, just not on take off and landing, so I didn't have to worry about getting arrested (at least not for that...)

So before you losers start dogging me on my GPS, think about that when I'm a multi-bazillionaire w/ my in-flight GPS rental company.

"Please wait until the captain has turned off the no smoking sign before turning on your FezzJohns SkyEye System, available from your stewardess for a rental charge of $8"
    Passenger: "Where are we now?"
    John: "Circling the airport"

30 minutes later
    Passenger: "Where are we now?"
    John: "Still, circling the airport"

Good thing John wasn't the copilot they would have needed an in flight refuel to get there. :D
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just in case, I bought and installed the upgrade for mine. :D

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post

WOW!!! Its accurate to within 35,000 feet. That's about the same success you had in Richmond!
    A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

Thread Information