Thread: Anything you wish you could do?

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Anything you wish you could do?

[youtube]0d-zPdy190U&feature=related[/youtube]

Pretty amazing

I took piano as a kid, but never took it seriously. I would love to learn it again. Get a nice grand piano in my place. I also would love to learn how to play acoustic guitar. I have one, but never learned.

Is there anything you wish you could do?

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I wish I could sing well. And eat anything I want and not gain weight. :)

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    :shiner: Always wanted to be a helicopter pilot.

Ended up just driving motorcycles instead.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Happylady View Post
    I wish I could sing well. And eat anything I want and not gain weight. :)
    If you sing while eating you won't gain much weight; but then you'll be alone to clean up the mess.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I wish I could take a trip to space.......

I wish I could take a trip to space. From every account I have read, there is nothing to compare it to. It would be fantastic! There are some who say I live there now but it's just not the same!
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

It is pretty amazing

I used to think I wanted things totally different. I like to sing, but don't have an excellent voice, but I love to teach children. I see them do better. Now what I would like to do is see my grandchildren achieve what their desires are.

This young man is excellent. I love to see the passion that youngsters exhibit while performing like this. I watched my deaf (now has cochlear implants) grandaughter last night perform on a piano with 12 other students and she was fabulous. What a wonderful thing. Technology is incredible. God is incredibly good. I remember the day before her first implant, when she couldn't hear a single sound, and she was spending the afternoon with me, asking if she could play my organ. I said "Honey, why do you want to play the organ, you can't hear it?" Her response to me was "well I can """feel""" it". How wrong I was. She played it and had a marvelous time. Now, she is in the intermediate piano group in the fifth grade at her school and in my estimation is the best one. :)

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Now I See's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I used to think I wanted things totally different. I like to sing, but don't have an excellent voice, but I love to teach children. I see them do better. Now what I would like to do is see my grandchildren achieve what their desires are.

This young man is excellent. I love to see the passion that youngsters exhibit while performing like this. I watched my deaf (now has cochlear implants) grandaughter last night perform on a piano with 12 other students and she was fabulous. What a wonderful thing. Technology is incredible. God is incredibly good. I remember the day before her first implant, when she couldn't hear a single sound, and she was spending the afternoon with me, asking if she could play my organ. I said "Honey, why do you want to play the organ, you can't hear it?" Her response to me was "well I can """feel""" it". How wrong I was. She played it and had a marvelous time. Now, she is in the intermediate piano group in the fifth grade at her school and in my estimation is the best one. :)

Diane
    Stop, you're making me tear-up, here!! :):) Diane, that has to be one of the sweetest, most genuine, from-the-heart stories I've heard....Thank you for sharing that with us! :)

I want to finish my college degree...I got really close and quit :hammer:long-story, but any-hoo...That's what I want to do, and hopefully I'll get an opportunity to work toward that soon, once my business gets a little more established.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    :shiner: Always wanted to be a helicopter pilot.

Ended up just driving motorcycles instead.

Whats stopping you?

Thread Information