Thread: Fellow Members-Get out and vote!!

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Fellow Members-Get out and vote!!

Dear Fellow Members,
    I'd like to call your attention to the two threads at the top of this page.They concern Optical Market Place, and the value of Optiboard as a resource.

Currently the Administrators are activly pursuing sponsors for this site.As most of you are aware, keeping a website up and running takes time and money, and a considerable amount of both.Sponsors can offset this and will take some of the pressure off Steve.

Sponsors need to see the benefit to them in supporting a resource like this.We are growing at a rapid rate so we have the foundation for a viable product.I am asking you to consider participating in the 2 polls mentioned above, and then contributing a brief paragraph of your thoughts on how this board is important to you.If you are one of the many who come to look at what goes on but remain but don't post, consider breaking that habit and making a post in the "resource" forum, even if you write that you come here to look only.Sponsors want to see what they can get for their money and we're in a position to show them.Please get out the vote in those 2 forums.
    Thanks from Harry J
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

OptiBoard Professional Mike Fretto's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Come on People

Unless I'm off on my math there are currently 1351 registered members on OptiBoard now I realize most off those were our attempts to bolster the numbers during the little contest we had. But people come on now out of 1351 members there have been 21 responses to the poll asking if the Optiboard is a valuable resource. Id hate to think Transitions backs out of sponsoring based on the input to this important poll. Lets treat this like another contest, if we have to, and get out there and shake the bushes for votes.
    Mike

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    A good point, Mike. But I would say to potential (and current) sponsors that the relatively low response is neither indicative of activity on the board or the interest of members. It is nice, though, that 100% have said that it is a valuable resource.
    Even the number of members who have made posts (relative to the total number of members) is not an indication that the non-posters are not interested. Many are shy or prefer to 'lurk', reading and enjoying the board. Indeed, many of our most active members were lurkers for some time before they 'dived in'.

Regards
    David Wilson

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Hi my name's harry and I'm a recovering lurker!

Hi my name's harry and I'm a recovering lurker!

Sorry I just couldn't resist doing that!hj
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Thread Information