View Poll Results: Has The Job Board helped you fill or find a position?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I posted a position to be filled and recieved replies.

6 18.75%
  • No, I posted a help wanted thread but didn't recieve any replies.

8 25.00%
  • Yes, I found jobs to apply for through The Job Board.

12 37.50%
  • I took a look but couldn't find any jobs to apply for at The Job Board.

9 28.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: The Job Board Forum Users

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Question The Job Board Forum Users

The above poll allows multiple votes so if you have used The Job Board to both look for a job or post a position to be filled you can reply to both.

Thanks for replying to the above poll!

Jo

Bad address email on file optigoddess's Avatar
    I always check this board out & have forwarded information to my friends that live elsewhere. One friend DID check out the lead.

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

Fantastic topic Jo!!! This is something I have been wondering myself for a while now. As most of you know I am trying to sell my house and move to Memphis. I still think maybe we could add a real estate site on here and sell our houses. By the way Steve do you have your house on the internet? If so where? I am just curious since I have posted mine on several different sites. I even tried to sell it on Yahoo Auction. Anyway, back on the subject. I am very curious who has become employed thanks to the job board. How do you conduct interview with someone who lives in another state who is considering relocating? All information greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
    Steph

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Please help! I want to list a job available in hampton, va. We are a small privately owned practice looking for a dispensing optician. We are a highly technical practice. We take care of our patients from door to door and birth to death. The three of us have been working together for 16 years. The person we are trying to replace is brad main's wife. She worked with us for 5.5 years.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    We posted positions earlier in the year, the posts kept getting buried by agencies postings. The agencies didn't seem to necessarily have a specific job, it was more of a "send me your resume and I'll see if I can find you something" type of post. So that was a little frustrating, but I guess if someone is seriously looking for a job, they would find the post regardless.......

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post

I still think maybe we could add a real estate site on here and sell our houses. By the way Steve do you have your house on the internet? If so where? I am just curious since I have posted mine on several different sites. I even tried to sell it on Yahoo Auction.

Probably I must be a lucky one, as I have never had to look for a job, I have been self employed since I was 26 and have never had to move for another job.

Having a website that ranks No 8 in alexa traffic ranking of the optical supplier web sites,(http://optochemicals.com/web_listing.htm) I have just made the set up for a new page within my site that will have a free real estate for sale listing for optical professionals only. Anybody interested can find it at http://optochemicals.com/visionrealestate.htm . All my details are there and if you send me your real estate details by e-mail and I will list them the next day early in the morning.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I agree with AustinEyewear. Anytime you post a job, it's immediately buried by imatters and other agencies. I've had a job posted for over a year (no replies) and 24/7 has graciously helped bump it up, but it's quickly relegated to page three.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think agencies should pay a premium for their listings. Since Optiboard helps promote their business, they should help pay for Optiboard.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Or perhaps an Advertiser Job Board and a Private Practice Job Board.

That said, I wouldn't worry too much about your posts being buried, folks. If I'm looking for a job, scrolling down and clicking "next page" are not onerous tasks. I may be looking to move to the Los Angeles area next year, and I guarantee I'm going to look through several pages of the Job Board.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    I was the very first person hired through this site back when it was the "Optical Help Wanted Page" back in March of 1996. I am still employed by that company today. Thanks Steve.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    Or perhaps an Advertiser Job Board and a Private Practice Job Board.

That said, I wouldn't worry too much about your posts being buried, folks. If I'm looking for a job, scrolling down and clicking "next page" are not onerous tasks. I may be looking to move to the Los Angeles area next year, and I guarantee I'm going to look through several pages of the Job Board.
    You sound way too ambitious Ange

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinEyewear View Post
    You sound way too ambitious Ange
    Austin's a cool town. I would work there.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Thread Information