Thread: atLast lens opinions and feedback

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

atLast lens opinions and feedback

So, the lab rep came in today to talk me up about the atLast lens from PixelOptics.

Has anyone dispensed these lenses? What kind of feedback have you gotten? They seem an interesting option for Progressive non-adapts and computer users, especially those who want to be able to look across the room while wearing their computer glasses.

Thoughts?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs down I am not a fan of the ATLast!

We got in 2 pair for opticians and they both felt it lacked a specific purpose. It had a wicked image jump and neither has worn them since the first day.
    The lab person uses an Autograph Office and loves them for in the lab and hates the fact he cannot see across the entire store; even with this limitation, he felt there was not enough distance advantage to put up
    with image jump and weird optics. He is a low minus with a +2.75 add for all his close work.
    My other wearer is a +2.00 with a 2.50 add and he felt the computer and reading were just slightly larger than his Autograph II Attitiude anf the Kodak Unique, but he would prefer to wear the progressives.

I also tryed on a plano with a 1.75 add at Expo and thought it was terrible. It is priced as a premium lens for a ft wearer who wants to see the computer as well.

I personally don't see the market for this product, but did see the electronic changeable lens and the composite lens that can be ground to 0.85mm while passing drop-ball. It is a trivex wafer on the back at 0.7mm thick with a 1.67 lens fused to the back.

It was amazing and thinner than 1.74 in a +4.00 with an edge you could shave with and not chip the edges; it is an amazing technology and will have many applications as it develops.
    Craig

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

It's a niche lens

We have a receptionist of moderate myopia with vertical imbalance due to Rx of 1.75 Diop.She's been wearing Flattop but we tried the very successful GT2 on her . No success. We switched her to the At last and she loved it!

Thread Information