Thread: The forgotten lens Shamir Creation

Banned
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

The forgotten lens Shamir Creation

Hi everybody.

Not much talk here about the Creation lens, that is one of the best lenses available in this price segment.
    You can actually compare the client satisfaction, with Multigressiv and Lifestyle no matter itīs a conventionel front-side progressiv. Are no one of your guys selling this fantastic lens?

This is one of Shamirs best selling lenses, because of these features:

Flat lens design
    Extremely low distortion
    Extremely wide distance zone
    Extremely fast adaption

Itīs not in the league of Autograph and Autograph II, but in the price segment itīs the best lens available at the moment.

Regards from Denmark:D
    Last edited by OCP; 04-01-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by OCP View Post
    Hi everybody.

Not much talk here about the Creation lens, that is one of the best lenses available in this price segment.
    You can actually compare the client satisfaction, with Multigressiv and Lifestyle no matter itīs a conventionel front-side progressiv. Are no one of your guys selling this fantastic lens?

Flat lens design
    Extremely low distortion
    Extremely fast adaption

Itīs not in the league of Autograph and Autograph II, but in the price segment itīs the best lens available at the moment.

I disagree, I think the creation in many ways is BETTER than the original Autograph, especially compared with the harder Autograph Short.

It was our goto lens in a full corridor progressive until we made the switch to the Auto II variable.

Still a solid lens at a much lower price than the Auto II, so we keep it in our back pocket for patients who do not want to pay for Auto II and do not want to go super low end either.

As a resident of Denmark, what is your opinion of ProDesign?

John :cheers:

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by john-atlanta View Post
    I disagree, I think the creation in many ways is BETTER than the original Autograph, especially compared with the harder Autograph Short.

It was our goto lens in a full corridor progressive until we made the switch to the Auto II variable.

Still a solid lens at a much lower price than the Auto II, so we keep it in our back pocket for patients who do not want to pay for Auto II and do not want to go super low end either.

As a resident of Denmark, what is your opinion of ProDesign?

John :cheers:
    Hi John

Iīve only great things to say about Prodesign.
    Great quality, great design.
    Btw, I know their cheef designer Allan Rasmussen personally, and as wholesaler in Shamir lenses, we have a great co-operation together.

Thanks

Mike.

Occupation
    Optometrist

Shamir

Hi everybody.

Flat lens design
    Extremely low distortion
    Extremely fast adaption

I agree that Autograph is a great lens.

Our experience, altho minimal, is that the science for the the Autograph just hasn't been established well enough. We have better results with the Creation.

Until we can get into aberrometry, we use Creation as our premium lens, and we use premium quality as much as possible.

Respectfully,
    dbracer
    "Do not waste time bothering whether you 'love' your neighbor; act as if you do." C.S. Lewis

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Creation is a great lens

Creation and GT2 are much better than Physio for int and near. I tried both and did not see any difference but we have used the GT2 as our go to lens BECAUSE IT'S CHEAPER . PERIOD. I am now wearing the Autograph 2 and it is very good.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Hi everybody.

Flat lens design
    Extremely low distortion
    Extremely fast adaption

Interesting, how does it compare to the Genesis? As the Creation tries to be a very flat lens, I would assume that this would entail some sacrifice wrt optical quality, at least for the same price etc. (Genesis came out as one of the overall best in the - now already a bit obsolete - Shedy report.

Is it much more expensive or even comparable?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by xiaowei View Post
    Interesting, how does it compare to the Genesis? As the Creation tries to be a very flat lens, I would assume that this would entail some sacrifice wrt optical quality, at least for the same price etc. (Genesis came out as one of the overall best in the - now already a bit obsolete - Shedy report.

The creation is about $25 more in CR but only about $5 more in CR Trans. Go figure...

John

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by xiaowei View Post

Creation won the price "Best in lens design" on OLA 2006.
    My guess is that this "conventionel" front-site design is still the best availabel front-site lens on the market. The design is much better than the Genesis because of the features I wrote above, and the price is not much more than the Genesis. Itīs the lens with the lowest level of destortion without ruin the distance vision. Notice that itīs very sensitive with the fitting. You must fit it in the middle of the pupil and 9 degrees pantoscopic angle. The Autograph classic is still a better lens, because of the closer to the eye progression, but you can fit the lens with great succes for clients that are used to these premium lenses: Individual, Lifestyle, Multigressiv, Physio 360. As wholesaler for Shamir, we recommend our customer this, and it works perfect, no matter some of the other designs is back-sides progressive. What you save on the price is so much compared to Autograph, so if you get a non-adapt, then just change to Autograph or Autograph II to solve the problem.
    Hope this will help.

Cheers from Denmark :cheers:

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Hi Michael,

Creation is still one of our best sellers.

Best regards from Holland

Thread Information