Thread: hoya id lifestyle

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

hoya id lifestyle

our hoya rep has recommended that the id lifestyle be fitted 2-3mm below pupil as the add comes in very quick on the short corridor. we use physio alot and the physio short. we always get the wow factor with physio but not many seem like go overboard on the id. just wondered what your experience of id lifestyle is and if you fit as we all know on pupil or abit below.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I'll let you know in a week or so, I have a pair coming in.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I fit over 50 pair of id lifestyle, for low add and experience wearer, I use short corridor (11mm) and fit on their pupil because wearer will notice the easy of catching reading area, if patient have lots of computer work, suggest to have another pair of tact or Id cliarc . It works really good !

Remember when deliver the pal, MUST give them clear instruction how to use, this will help them understand the using the lens, just like when consumer ever purchase a appliance, must look at the index first, our jobs is help them to understand how to use the lens !

Also the who pal industry, is changing can't we see all brands are inventing short corridor pal, even the show girl/boys they are wearing very narrow frame ? It is the trend !

hope this help

:cheers:

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by eye-spec View Post
    our hoya rep has recommended that the id lifestyle be fitted 2-3mm below pupil as the add comes in very quick on the short corridor. we use physio alot and the physio short. we always get the wow factor with physio but not many seem like go overboard on the id. just wondered what your experience of id lifestyle is and if you fit as we all know on pupil or abit below.
    I wouldn't fit any PAL more than 1mm away from the pupil center. I would order the 3mm longer corridor version instead of lowering the fitting cross 3mm on the short corridor. This will maintain the proper inset, maximize the near vision point width, and will allow the lens to perform as the lens designer intended. The 11mm corridor (in the US) is called iD LifeStyle cd, the 14mm corridor is the iD LifeStyle.

Both corridor lengths have some power change in or near the pupil zone. Some folks, especially those with large pupils, may find this unacceptable.

With regards to the Physio- (I believe the short was just released here this month) it has very good distance vision for a PAL, especially for those with larger than average pupils. The night vision is about as good as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    I'll let you know in a week or so, I have a pair coming in.
    You've had both eyes done now? That must be a relief. What does your distance Rx look like, the typical -.75 or did you opt for more minus?. Any cyl to speak of? +2.50 ADD?

From my experience you'll like the vision from about four meters on in, but might have a problem with the off-axis distance and maybe on-axis at infinity (typical for the shorties). Let us know what you think after a full adaptation, and if possible, have another pair made for the same frame, using a similar design from another lens manufacturer.
    Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Martellaro View Post
    I wouldn't fit any PAL more than 1mm away from the pupil center. I would order the 3mm longer corridor version instead of lowering the fitting cross 3mm on the short corridor. This will maintain the proper inset, maximize the near vision point width, and will allow the lens to perform as the lens designer intended. The 11mm corridor (in the US) is called iD LifeStyle cd, the 14mm corridor is the iD LifeStyle.

Both corridor lengths have some power change in or near the pupil zone. Some folks, especially those with large pupils, may find this unacceptable.

With regards to the Physio- (I believe the short was just released here this month) it has very good distance vision for a PAL, especially for those with larger than average pupils. The night vision is about as good as it gets.

You've had both eyes done now? That must be a relief. What does your distance Rx look like, the typical -.75 or did you opt for more minus?. Any cyl to speak of? +2.50 ADD?

From my experience you'll like the vision from about four meters on in, but might have a problem with the off-axis distance and maybe on-axis at infinity (typical for the shorties). Let us know what you think after a full adaptation, and if possible, have another pair made for the same frame, using a similar design from another lens manufacturer.

Yes, I've had them both done for a few months now. Am currently wearing Auto IIs. Rx now is OD -.50 -1.25 x 14 OS -1.25 -1.25 x 165 2.75 add.
    I plan to duplicate my current frame and measurements with the ID LIfestyle for a fair comparison.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I would not fit the ID lifestyle more than 1mm below pupil (I drop the OC for taller patients). I don't know if your Hoya rep is thinking of the GP Wide? Has he/she dispensed themselves or are they a "cheerleader" rep?

Wearing the ID Lifestyle as we speak. Good lens, no weakness at all, and reading/mid does not come up too fast. I am at 16mm with a +1.25 add, and could have gone 14mm w/o any issues.

Sharpstick

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    Yes, I've had them both done for a few months now.
    It must have been unpleasant between surgeries, considering you were up to -13 or so.

Am currently wearing Auto IIs. Rx now is OD -.50 -1.25 x 14 OS -1.25 -1.25 x 165 2.75 add.
    Fixed 18mm?

I plan to duplicate my current frame and measurements with the ID LIfestyle for a fair comparison.
    Ok, that's the standard (14mm) corridor. I've got a pair of both cut for a grooved Silhouette frame; I can switch the lenses in about 30 seconds. It will be interesting to compare notes- my Rx is about -4.75 +1.25 x 180 Add +2.25 OU. It would probably be best to take this to the professionals only section though.
    Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Thread Information