Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hakim

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by eyemanflying View Post
    We have too many already. The only one that win are the 2 colleges on tuition revenue. Optometry is much better regulated in controling their members.
    We have almost none in NW Ontario

Banned
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by eyemanflying View Post
    We have too many already. The only one that win are the 2 colleges on tuition revenue. Optometry is much better regulated in controling their members.
    So what? It's not like Opticians command the big bucks. They get paid less than construction workers. You think they would get paid more if less were produced? Nope. Just train some 15 year old kid to work the computer and risk it. No big loss. Opticians are not exactly highly skilled labor.

Or Seneca could make entrance requirements a tad more than having a pulse.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Refractingoptician.com View Post
    True , but it does not change the fact that customers are attracted by "bargains" , "freebies" , and other gimmicks.

It also does not change the fact that:
    (1) FREE Frames & One Hour Service
    (2) Eyeglasses in about an Hour
    (3) Free Eye Exam & 3 for 1
    (4) 2 for 1 mix & match Contacts and glasses
    are all concepts that work

Free Eye Exams by Licensed Dr's , No appointments Necessary , Walk in Any time will also work .
    Bruce Bergez is that you?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by dave123 View Post
    So what? It's not like Opticians command the big bucks. They get paid less than construction workers. You think they would get paid more if less were produced? Nope. Just train some 15 year old kid to work the computer and risk it. No big loss. Opticians are not exactly highly skilled labor.

Well, you've proven you're older than most starting opticians, but you're about as mature as a high school kid.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    Well, you've proven you're older than most starting opticians, but you're about as mature as a high school kid.
    LMAO :cheers:

bilateral peripheral scotoma LandLord's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by dave123 View Post

What a mockery!!! What a hypocrite!! You say you're starting a 4 year commitment to become an optician and then you belittle the profession. Why don't you just go back to your construction job?
    Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by LandLord View Post
    What a mockery!!! What a hypocrite!! You say you're starting a 4 year commitment to become an optician and then you belittle the profession. Why don't you just go back to your construction job?
    If you're expecting a response, thankfully he has been banned from this forum.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I Tried

I tried staying out of this thread because this is the type of stuff that sets me off in a rant.

1) The reason why we as opticians get paid so less comparatively is because the companies that hire us have dimunitized our profession by going to the college of opticians of ontario and getting them to relax the rules so far that we barely have any weighted leverage when it comes to negotiating a salary. We ask for a higher wage and then we look around and see 14 year olds trying to dispense under delegation, the hiring managers realize that we have no bargaining authority so thay offer the least that they can. We need to call our members of council at the COO and let them know we are not happy with what they have done.

RANT; When i go to a seminar and see the douche bags from the college give a presentation, everyone claps and cheers for them. things will only change once us opticians finally realize that our problem is that we are too passive. We let idiots like Great Glasses run amok for ****ing years without any sort of punishment. We need to hire homeless people to go smash their windows everyday until they get the message. ( I am in no way condoning violence and this is not intended to cause people to be violent)

2) Hakim is a fantastic business man who was able to use other peoples wealth to create an empire for himself. He got his money from foreign investors when the Iranian situation happened. Affluent Iranians came to Canada to flee their homeland. People needed to get their money out of Iran as fast as possible and hak was the vessel. Charging ten percent of hundreds of millions of dollars will make anyone rich. Having the business acumen to build that wealth, that will get you laid on a boat.

Apologize in advance if this post offends anyone.

registeredoptician Refractingoptician.com's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by opti-refractonator View Post
    I tried staying out of this thread because this is the type of stuff that sets me off in a rant.

1) The reason why we as opticians get paid so less comparatively is because the companies that hire us have dimunitized our profession by going to the college of opticians of ontario and getting them to relax the rules so far that we barely have any weighted leverage when it comes to negotiating a salary. We ask for a higher wage and then we look around and see 14 year olds trying to dispense under delegation, the hiring managers realize that we have no bargaining authority so thay offer the least that they can. We need to call our members of council at the COO and let them know we are not happy with what they have done.

RANT; When i go to a seminar and see the douche bags from the college give a presentation, everyone claps and cheers for them. things will only change once us opticians finally realize that our problem is that we are too passive. We let idiots like Great Glasses run amok for ****ing years without any sort of punishment. We need to hire homeless people to go smash their windows everyday until they get the message. ( I am in no way condoning violence and this is not intended to cause people to be violent)

2) Hakim is a fantastic business man who was able to use other peoples wealth to create an empire for himself. He got his money from foreign investors when the Iranian situation happened. Affluent Iranians came to Canada to flee their homeland. People needed to get their money out of Iran as fast as possible and hak was the vessel. Charging ten percent of hundreds of millions of dollars will make anyone rich. Having the business acumen to build that wealth, that will get you laid on a boat.

Apologize in advance if this post offends anyone.
    Don't you think part of this post is in poor taste and lacks a semblance of respect ?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

2) Hakim is a fantastic business man who was able to use other peoples wealth to create an empire for himself.
    This is a post about Hakim, so let's keep it about Hakim. Yes, I agree he has proven himself to be a fantastic businessman. But what he does with his wealth is nobody's concern.

And I find your use of such offensive language (ie. douche bag) unprofessional.

Having said that, put Para#1 in your own new thread with more details and we will all be glad to read your views.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I risk oversimplifying the wage issue but it is a simple case of supply and demand. Don't believe me?

If half of ontarios opticians dropped dead or retired tomorrow and the 2 schools closed down then your salary would skyrocket overnight.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Me Sorry

I am sorry if i offended any feminists with the term douche bags. I forgot that when i am writing a post that I should act like a professional and not use words that may offend people who have never been in the real world.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Don't worry about it. Feminists suck anyway. If you were on a sinking ship and the captian announced that women could leave first, not ONE feminist would yell THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by edKENdance View Post
    Anyone else get the giant glossy full coloured tribute to him today? I was amazed by how humble he is. :bbg:

i got that too we are in BC yea seems like a down to earth guy

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I am sorry if i offended any feminists with the term douche bags. I forgot that when i am writing a post that I should act like a professional and not use words that may offend people who have never been in the real world.
    Quote Originally Posted by LandLord View Post
    Don't worry about it. Feminists suck anyway. If you were on a sinking ship and the captian announced that women could leave first, not ONE feminist would yell THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!
    Bet you guys are proud of yourselves. Thread closed.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Thread Information