Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Practical Jokes

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    With the new guys generating glass lenses on the old shurons you made sure you tell the newbie to go real slow or else the oil runs low if you go to fast inwhich makes a very loud explosion sound,with that in his mind you sneak up behind them with blown up brown bag and POP!the look isthen:hammer::hammer:
    If you don't stand up, You don't stand a chance.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    How about a little wet ink on the eyepiece of the lensometer. Makes a nice ring around the eye.

Occupation
    Best one ever is when we hired a guy from albania who, with very little english wanted me to teach him an american greetin.So my advice was for him to raise his hand and to say bl.. me, every morning for 1 week we were all rolling until of coarse he really found out what it meant and even he thought it was hilariuous.:D:D:D
    If you don't stand up, You don't stand a chance.

Occupation
    Anytime I get a newbie on my staff there's always the usual getting them to go look for lens extender, add finder, or prism oil etc. Which never seems to lose it's amusement.

A couple of opticians that I know tell this story of when they were in business together(and let me tell you, they are a mischievous pair.) They first discovered this fast acting super glue that they used for various types of repairs, and they discovered there was an activator spray that went with it that made it harden immediately. One night, they got the brilliant idea to to get a small cap full of this stuff, and pour some of the activator into it to see what it would do. Sure enough, the mixture bubbled, exploded, and then little snowy clusters of super glue would float down and covered the room.

From then on the experiments got bigger and bigger, and funnier and funnier.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by kinzi View Post
    During a Christmas gift exchange, we put a box of punctal plugs in one poor girls gift bag and hinted that they were for her and her fiancee (she had no idea what punctal plugs were)....

Thats funny!

The only joke I would do, is take the temples off of a metal frame and stick them in the heat pan at the end of the night. It was so funning seeing who ever found it the next day when they went to turn it on. That is untill the Doc came in early and decided to turn on the lab for us.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I like to put black ink on the blocker handle and wave slowly with a big open hand at the person blocking. When they wave back at me as if I'm retarded, I point to my hand.
    Sometimes I'll stack job trays really high, and put icewater in the top one.
    I've superglued trays to the floor, and a quarter to my desk.

When I was in the Army, the Logistics guys had a painted rock as their mascot. They called it "Hard ROCK-n Logistics". I "stole it" and took pictures of it with a beer at the bar, behind the wheel of a car with a drink, and then in a cardboard box cut to look like a jail cell. Then I went down to the dock where I used to put my jet skis in and took pics making like I was throwing the thing in the water, complete with a pic of a big splash. So they ambushed me and duct taped me to a stretcher and left me propped up on a fence while they played touch football. I repaid the ringleaders by completely soaking their chairs so that when they sat in them water came squishing out everywhere. Oh, and I put bags of cat poop in their desks with the bottom cut out of the bag so that when they went to pick it up, it went all over the place. Good times...
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Oh, and I put bags of cat poop in their desks with the bottom cut out of the bag so that when they went to pick it up, it went all over the place. Good times...
    I guess that is what they mean when I hear:

The CATS out of the bag!

LOL!! I have to remember this one, too funny!

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    What's really funny, is they never figured out how I got into their office to do it. I made like I was a ninja. What's even funnier, is one of the guy's wife gave me his key and the cat poop idea. It was HER CAT!
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Thread Information