Thread: AIT Minibloc blocker problem....tech help pls

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

AIT Minibloc blocker problem....tech help pls

I'm hoping there is someone who can advise me how to get my AIT Minibloc blocker back in action.

The problem: When I attempt to load the frame tracer data from my Teleform tracer into the minibloc, the data will not load. The minibloc screen shows "warning: memory full".

I've tried the "reset" option under the memory drop down but this does not help. When I choose "edit" under the memory drop down, the minibloc locks up and I have to turn the unit on and off. I can't clear the memory.

Any ideas from all the optical gurus out there? What's the trick to clear out the memory? Any help would be much appreciated.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    It is possible you have active jobs in memory that haven't been brought over to your edger. Presuming you have a Maxima edger try pressing "List" and "Enter" to see if anything comes up on the edger screen. If so you will have to enter through these until there are no jobs in the teleform memory.

Also for your consideration:

Have you tried clearing the active jobs.

Also the reset function permits erasing content. To erase, place the cursor over on the option and press "ENTER"

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    All good ideas PAkev. I have the Practica edger. Pressing "list" on the edger yields only an error message that there are no pending jobs. This makes sense since the edger is only connected to the minibloc and the minibloc couldn't load the tracer data since the blocker's memory is full. I tried your idea again of the "reset" "enter" on the blocker. This seems to reset the memory only for that last traced job but not the entire blocker memory. When I choose memory "edit", the blocker locks up. I may just have to bite the bullet and pay AIT $850 for phone support but times are tough right now and $850 don't grow on trees.

Thanks PAkev for your insight.

Occupation
    OK

Another way you may be able to wipe out the memory is to go into the "pending" or "edit" option on the teleform and then delete the job from there.

From your description of the problem, I would presume the issue is definately with the blocker. BTW.......are you getting the long audible beep when bringing in a job from the tracer? That would be another indication your memory at the blocker is indeed full.

It is my understanding AIT charges for tech service to a third party (not the orig. purchaser) so I presume you purchased the equipment used. Perhaps the seller may have some insight on your problem. I would contact them ASAP while the operation protocol is still fresh in their memory.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    My minibloc does not give a long audible beep when loading the tracer data, only a short single beep when I press the menu button to load the data and then the warning message "memory full".

My teleform may be a little older than yours since mine does not seem to have the "pending" jobs option. I think the tracer's memory clears fine since after attempting to load the data into the blocker it says "ready for next trace", or something like that.

Your suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you.

gordy

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    That was odd. I logged in with an ancient office computer and it used my long forgotten login name. Oh well.

gordy

Occupation
    Did you try the teleform "Edit" option and delete jobs from there.

BTW.......make sure the teleform memory is totally clear before blocking and cutting jobs. Otherwise you may find yourself cutting the wrong lenses for the wrong frame........Been there......Done that

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes, I tried to erase the teleform's memory as you suggested but my teleform does not appear to have an "edit" option. Mine is likely an older unit than yours? My teleform manual does not mention an edit option. It does have a "clr" clear button which seems to clear the teleform's memory of the last trace.

Thanks again

gordy

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Gordy, did you resolve your problem? Did you buy your system directly from AIT? You should have lifetime phone support...

Let me know how it all panned out, or if you still need help!

:)

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks for asking Allibbak. Yes, I haven't fully resolved my minibloc problem. Another great optiboard member helped me clear the memory partially. However, the minibloc needs its stack memory cleared each time I turn the unit off and on. In other words the same "memory full" problem comes back each time I turn the blocker off and then back on. Are you familiar with the technical side of this blocker? And no, I "inherited" this system from a colleague who unfortunately couldn't make ends meet in this economy. So I don't get "lifetime" support. But anyway, if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears and thanks again for responding.
    :cheers:

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi, Now it's my AIT INDO miniblocker has that "memory full" message pop up.
    I called the company and found out that the company was sold 4 years ago.
    I found a exact replacement from ebay. But after I connected the wires, the blocker asking for password.
    Does anyone know the password.
    Look like I am so close but still far from getting my edging work back to business
    Hope someone can help.
    Sandy

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi Gordy,
    Mine minibloc now has the same problem. Did you ever figure it out to resolve the problem?
    I need help

Sandy

Thread Information