Hi, Everybody
Having been an optician 38 years with college training, one would think I could at least know the source for the answer to this question since it is related to physical optics. Nah...not a chance! And, Google isn't coughing up a simple answer. So, here goes. Your help would be appreciated.

I have been involved in the development of some coatings (not optical) that are UV curable. These coatings are being applied to surfaces and are antimicrobial with the properties of UV curability. However, application of the coatings typically require some heating to a gel state and then zapped with UV curing lights. We are seeing that flame application provides some benefits of portability conventional systems don't have. The flame is fueled by oxygen combined with hydrogen, nitrogen, propane or acetylene. When so doing, UV light is given off and we see the coating cure just as well in 3 - 8 seconds. However, I am unable to find a source (reference) that lists the spectral properties of the ignited gas in order to substantiate the theory. If you can help with a source or answer to the UV emission properties of those gases, I would really appreciate it. If you prefer, you can send your thoughts to my email at: AlanW@alamoprotechtacoat.com

Thanks and Blessings,

Alan W