Thread: Birth day of Swarali..

Master OptiBoarder sandeepgoodbole's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Thumbs up Birth day of Swarali..

Swarali is my daughter, 10 yrs. We celebrtaed her birthday yesterday in an Orphanage where physically handicapped childrens abondened by their parents are taken care of by Mr. Shankarrao Papalkar. There were 40 girls and 20 boyes from the age of 3 months to 22 years. Most of them were deaf and dumb . some were blind, some having no hands. feet. some had no hands , no specah and no eyes ! Some were additionally mentally retarded. It's a great thing that some people try to make up for the mistakes and misfortunes of the Human race with a mission . I call Mr.Shankarrao as Father Teressa.
    My father, grandfather, grand mother , uncle, aunty,and 3 friends with their familis joined us. Swarali now knows why her vims and fancies should be more reasonable and I am sure, like everybody who visited,she is also a better person than yesterday.
    Some of the cases were definatly worth euthenesia. But, I had no courage to counter the determination of Mr. Shankarrao. It's very difficult to decide what's more cruel amongst to let some of such humans live or to give them an escape from their non human pains and agony.

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Well, sounds like you are going to have a very mature 10 year old on your hands there! I do hope you bought the little one a present or two to go along with this valuable life lesson, though!

As for euthanasia, we recently had one of our "Nursing Home Days" (where we receive a lot of residents from the local nursing facility). I personally do not wish to live the existance some of our patients are living. I hope that I have the strength to "strap on the snowshoes and head out into the blizzard" someday (this is supposedly what aged Eskimos do when they feel their time is up!).
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sandeep,

It was a great lesson indeed. Father Theresa sounds liek a wonderful human being. When I see people like that, I wonder how someone can be so detatched from the world (worldly)enough to be able to focus on needy, and to give "pure" love. We should all pray for such resolve for ourselves. Thanks for the reminder.

Johns

Master OptiBoarder sandeepgoodbole's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Wave The Law of diminishing balance..

Originally posted by Pete Hanlin
    Well, sounds like you are going to have a very mature 10 year old on your hands there! I do hope you bought the little one a present or two to go along with this valuable life lesson, though!

As for euthanasia, we recently had one of our "Nursing Home Days" (where we receive a lot of residents from the local nursing facility). I personally do not wish to live the existance some of our patients are living. I hope that I have the strength to "strap on the snowshoes and head out into the blizzard" someday (this is supposedly what aged Eskimos do when they feel their time is up!).
    The impact follows the law of diminishing balance.So, by the time she grows up to execute her own decisions, she would at least remeber her 10 the B'day. As far as the gifts are concerned, Swara had already recieved a Pentium loaded with Games.
    The inhibants of the Orphange were distributed friuts, sweets and woolen scarfs.

Thread Information