TREVOR IMMELMAN AND KENNY PERRY HAVE AN EYE ON SUCCESS IN 2009
Transitions Optical Announces PGA TOUR Professionals as Healthy Sight Ambassadors
PINELLAS PARK, Fla., February 3, 2009 – Transitions Optical, Inc. announced at the 2009 Transitions Academy, held Jan. 25-28 that Trevor Immelman and Kenny Perry, both professional golfers on the PGA TOUR and currently ranked within the top 25 in the world, will now serve as official spokespersons joining Transitions Optical to raise awareness for the importance of healthy sight and establish a clear link between healthy, quality sight and optimal athletic performance.

“Vision is vital to my success and gives me a competitive advantage,” said Immelman. With changing light conditions, Transitions® lenses reduce glare and improve contrast and help me see my best. This partnership with Transitions creates a unique and relevant platform to educate golfers of all levels and consumers in general about the importance of healthy sight and its tie to sports performance,” he added.

Immelman is the defending Masters Tournament Champion. His win at Augusta last year was his first career major championship and his second win on the PGA TOUR. In addition to his two PGA TOUR wins in the U.S., Immelman has won multiple tournaments internationally and was named PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year in 2006.

Perry is also intimately familiar with the impact that vision has on his game. “As someone who has persevered despite several complications with my vision, quality of sight is everything to me,” said Perry. “Whether I’m driving the ball down the fairway or lining up putts, healthy sight is essential to my game,” Perry added. “I could not be more excited to partner with Transitions Optical to help raise awareness about the importance of healthy sight – both on and off the course.”

With Sunday’s win at the 2009 FBR Open, Perry became a 13-time winner on the PGA TOUR. He was also a member of the 2008 U.S. Ryder Cup Team who brought the Cup back to the U.S. this past summer and is currently nominated for induction into the World Golf Hall of Fame.

“Educating consumers about the need to protect and promote lifelong healthy sight is core to our efforts here at Transitions,” said Brett Craig, president, Transitions Optical. “Our partnerships with Trevor and Kenny will help to underscore the relevance and help us further engage consumers around the world about the importance of healthy sight as part of an overall healthy lifestyle.”

As the Official Eyewear of the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour and Nationwide Tour, Transitions is proud to sponsor the Transitions Championship, which tees off March 16–22, 2009 at the Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club in Palm Harbor, Fla. For more information about Transitions’ newest healthy sight ambassadors, visit http://en-us.transitions.com/outreac...ightambassador.