Thread: ABO Masters Thesis

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

ABO Masters Thesis

Anyone out there have any ideas for an ABO Masters thesis topic? I enjoy complex topics and would love to delve into something that isn't given much thought in the world of optics, but that may be beneficial to dispensing opticians. I'm all eyes...so please send the topic ideas my way...Thanks!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Good Luck on your thesis paper! I'm currently working on mine. I have someone proofreading it for me to make sure it doesn't suck too bad :p

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by RX4Spex View Post
    Anyone out there have any ideas for an ABO Masters thesis topic? I enjoy complex topics and would love to delve into something that isn't given much thought in the world of optics, but that may be beneficial to dispensing opticians. I'm all eyes...so please send the topic ideas my way...Thanks!
    Here's one... Too many opticians ignore straight-ahead VI balancing first when determining amount of slab-off. The anisometropia, or even worse antimetropia, Rx with Add power doesn't just produce a vertical prismatic imbalance at reading level (VI). The Optical centers of distance RX seldom are located exactly behind optical center of distance, so why ignore the VI effect at distance?

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    How about the increase in high degrees of astigmatism in the Hispanic and Native american populations more so the males. What effect did the quality of pre-natal care, or lack of, have on the out come and is this trend decreasing as our country moves towards a socialized medical care state.
    Or
    Why do you never see the people from third world countrys wearing glasses? Does poverty and centurys of war yield beter eyesight or do they all have contacts? And if so, I'm glad to be myopic/presbyopic?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Select a topic that you're very interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by RX4Spex View Post
    What is an area that you are particularly interested? Do you already have good knowledge there? Do your research. Avoid plagiarism and correctly site resources. Don't make it a political stand. (I learned the hard way.)Keep it of a technical nature.

I was asked to write a course on How to Write a Technical/Research Paper, because of the lack of knowledge on how to write one on the papers being submitted.

Let us read your's when you get the Eric Muth award for it.:bbg:

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Thread Information