Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Read, Really bad news.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Gosh, it makes me feel a little sad that I've never met him. I hope he realizes in how much esteem he is held.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter SharonB's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Mike - are you reading these?

Mike - If you are visiting the forum, and reading these posts, you will truly realize how much the optical community values your years of contribution. You make optics informative, easy to get a grip on, and....always fun! You have a huge optical family pulling for you! Not to mention all those who learned from the TOPS Manual! I used it during my 12 years of teaching, and it was a great way to get students engaged in ophthalmic dispensing.
    Stay strong, positive, and focused! Don't worry about the prayers...we're doing that part for you!
    Sharon Breivogel-Leonard

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

hey Mike

I hope your doing well today,02/04/09, still praying for ya, If anyone has an update please post .

Regards Ginny:)

Vision Equipment OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor Leo Hadley Jr's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Fund Started for Mike DiSanto
    Mike DiSanto, a well known eye care writer and educator, has been diagnosed with Stage IV pancreatic cancer. He has spent much of his long career teaching basic and continuing education courses to thousands of opticians, optometrists, ophthalmologists, lab personnel, customer service personnel, and vendor representatives. His educational materials and two books, TOPS and ABO Review Course, offered through the National Academy of Opticianry, help hundreds each year to prepare for certification.

DiSanto, who is self-employed, will be suffering a major loss of income while he fights for his life. A fund has been established to help him pay for medical and critical living expenses. Contributions can be made to: Michael DiSanto Fund, c/o Opticians Association of Ohio, 1100-H Brandywine Blvd., Zanesville Ohio, 43701-7303. Checks should be made payable to: Opticians Association of Ohio and the memo on the check should state: Michael DiSanto Fund.
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment
    T: 855.776.2020

www.visionequipmentinc.com

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave Since day one..

When I started in this business back in '86, Mike's name was always synonymous with everything I learned (you should have seen his hair on those old videos!!) When I got to attend a seminar in Williamsburg, VA, he outshone the other speakers. I never laughed so hard and, yes, sat on the edge of my seat.
    My favorite, other than the lensometer story (and I still hit 2ce) is the cryptic "MHBF". If I remember right, a job arrived on Wednesday with "MHBF" highlighted. Of course, not knowing what this meant, the job sat on the lab manager's desk for a few days. Friday rolls around, and, in clearing off the desk, time is found to call the optician for clarification. Come to find out, "MHBF" means "must have by Friday". I'm now very careful to keep all my notes clear and NEVER assume the lab knows what I mean.
    Mike, you made an impact in my life. THANK YOU!

Nancy JK
    VA Beach,VA

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oh My God!!! NO!!! I just love going to CE hours where Mike is the speaker!! If it was not for Mike and his TOPS manual I would have never passed the ABO!!! You are in my prayers!!!!

Stephanie

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. My heart goes out to his family.

OptiBoard Apprentice OpticianBarry's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Prayers

Heavenly Father, please keep Mike safe and warm from any pain that he may have. Please allow Your Holy Spirit to encase Mike with your Love and warmth. Please watch over him and his family as they go through this situation. We love you Mike..With God's Love. Barry
    "Enjoy The Gift of Sight"
    Florida LDO, AAS, ABOC, NCLE, Board Certified

Rising Star OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My prayers are with Mike. He talked me into stay in optical over 20 yrs ago (that may not have been the best choice....) my wife and I spent 3 wonderful days cramming for the ABOM in cold Minnesota with him.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Anyone have any updates as to how he is doing?

My boss has worked closely with Mike in the past in Ohio and was asking about him yesterday

Thread Information