Thread: Long Beach, CA--Why so many looky-loos and no response?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Long Beach, CA--Why so many looky-loos and no response?

I hardly got any response from my last ad and I thought maybe that’s because it was an ad. So, instead, I’d like to tell you who we are and what we are looking for and hopefully we can get to know who you are as well.

The biggest reason I chose to practice in Long Beach is because this is where I'm from and it's what makes me who I am today. I've seen all the different changes that's occurred in this side of town and have gone through many struggles and many blessings that comes with living here throughout the decades. The concept of this office isn't like the ones down the street...no, instead it is a community based office that is technologically updated, stylish, clean/sterile, caring, inviting, and above all we aim to give nothing but our best to every single one of our patients. And because we aim to give nothing but our personal best to every single one of our patients, we understand in order for us to give our best, we each have to be at our personal best morally, emotionally, physically. We promote community involvement and extracurriculars. We hold regular functions to celebrate achievements and we value your role as an ECP.

I am looking for an optician preferably with some experience, is detail oriented and somewhat a perfectionist, works efficiently and rarely needs to be told what to do. I need an optician who is in search of a dispensary to call home and understanding that to keep the home, the mortgage must be paid…which means that this position may also require a bit of sales. But most of all, I need an optician who can do it all with a smile.

eyelandoptometry@gmail.com

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingeyes View Post
    And because we aim to give nothing but our personal best to every single one of our patients, we understand in order for us to give our best, we each have to be at our personal best morally, emotionally, physically.
    If I sometimes get bummed out because I overeat during the holidays, and put on a little too much weight, could I still be considered a viable candidate?:o
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That was the line that made me say hmmmmm also. But then I thought "well it's California, they're just.....different".

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    [/If WalMart is the only place to get it, then I don't need it...

And what you got against WM???

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    [/i]

And what you got against WM???
    WM? I've got nothing against WM. I just don't buy from my competition. (Just not good business practice.;))

But don't think it's a WM thing. I don't shop at LC, Eyemasters, or anywhere else that sells eyewear. Just a personal thing.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Thread Information