Thread: Colts win (but who cares), PSU is screwed again...

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Colts win (but who cares), PSU is screwed again...

Well, the Colts win a very lackluster game (given the hype in previous recent years). If they beat Pittsburgh next week, I'll start to foster hopes of a playoff run, but we'll see.

Meanwhile, Penn State gets passed up by "Flash in the Pan" Texas Tech (I'd like to see TT try some of those plays against a team with a real defense). Thankfully, Alabama will likely lose either this week or to Flordia, so PSU should get their rightful shot at the BCS Championship.

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hanlin View Post
    Well, the Colts win a very lackluster game (given the hype in previous recent years). If they beat Pittsburgh next week, I'll start to foster hopes of a playoff run, but we'll see.

Meanwhile, Penn State gets passed up by "Flash in the Pan" Texas Tech (I'd like to see TT try some of those plays against a team with a real defense). Thankfully, Alabama will likely lose either this week or to Flordia, so PSU should get their rightful shot at the BCS Championship.
    If that was the first UT game you saw this year, keep watching. I don't know what happened to the Longhorns this weekend but it isn't how they have been playing this year. UT's QB looked completely spaced out during the entire game.

TT is going to get wiped out by both Oklahoma State and OU and then you can see where Penn State goes in the rankings after that. Sadly, I don't think UT will be able to rebound in the rankings even if they don't lose another game this season.
    A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    I live just North of Dallas, so I've been able to watch lots of UT football this year.

I have to admit I was sort of rooting for TT this week (cause I don't think Texas loses again this year), but Texas just didn't show up until halftime (and still could have easily won the game).

Should be an interesting remainder of the year- hopefully Michigan State stays undefeated until they play PSU (so they should be ranked around 12 by then).

Was extremely impressed with Mack Brown and Colt McCoy after the game- and extremely unimpressed with Leech and his QB (who seems to be somewhat of a punk). The Texas fans in our office have been handling the season with a lot of class.

Thread Information