Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Field your web design / SEO questions here

As it says. Just ask away. We are happy to assist

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist

How are we doing?

I was curious to see what you thought of our website, www.airoptixcontactlenses.com and what you think we could do better. Any suggestions would be great! :cheers:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by QDO1 View Post
    As it says. Just ask away. We are happy to assist
    First things first. SEO

This is how google sees your site:

Title:
    Air Optix Contact Lenses - Air Optix Aqua, Air Optix for Astigmatism, Night & Day
    Description:Offering the lowest price on a 1 year supply of Air Optix Aqua, Air Optix for Astigmatism, and Night & Day contact lenses, shipped directly to you!
    Keywords:air optix, air optix aqua, air-optix, air-optix-aqua, air optics, air-optics, air optix for astigmatism, air optix astigmatism, air optics for astigmatism, air optix ciba, night & day, focus night & day, night and day contacts, optix, contact lenses, contacts, lens, 30 day contact lenses, extended wear lenses,rebate
    Text the spider sees: Air Optix Contact Lenses Air Optix Aqua, Air Optix for Astigmatism, Night amp Day Air Optix Contact Lenses . after rebate year supply . per box . after rebate year supply . per box . after rebate year supply . per box Air Optix Contact Lenses. All Rights Reserved. Air Optix Contact Lenses.com is a direct supplier of Air Optix contact lenses. As a direct Air Optix contact lens supplier, we can only sell you Air Optix contact lenses that you have a valid prescription for, and are wearing successfully. If you are having any unexplained eye discomfort, watering, vision change or redness, remove your Air Optix lenses immediately and consult your eye care professional before wearing your lenses again.
    Number of words:
    Number of distinct words:

And that is IT, thats all there is...

So what does this mean? Well be frank you are not giving google/search engines a lot of food to chew on

When one looks at a sites SEO, you must put your self in the shoes of a consumer, typing in search phrases into google. Your description, keywords, ALT tags and actual body text need to be on the same hymn sheet. In your sites case they are not

The best thing you can possibly do is figure out how to have LOTS OF ON TOPIC TEXT, that consistantly hits your target key phrases. You are in a very hard market to crack with lots of competitors. So when choosing which search phrases to target, you need to bear this in mind. Plenty of people will have allready targeted "contact lenses"

Looking at the site as a human it is also missing something: content, and reasurance. All the site is is a "here are 3 products, buy them now". Perhaps things states side are different, but essentially the site only sells a product. I am missing the "contact our help line" the "help I have a sore eye" sort of things

What I see is an effective selling tool (i like it) which is 100% missing a support site for the product

Back to the SEO: if you included a lot of info about the lenses, about eyecare, about cleaning products, the SEO would pan out better too. in otherwords - Add some real content

___

I have been hard. I know it, but what is there, is very good, you just need to add what isnt there...

From a marketing point of view - what is your USP?

From a human point of view - how am I being reassured?

From a business point of view - why not cover your bases on the masses of other products you are not selling onlne by offering a vehical for the customer to contact you with the RX

From a purley professional point of view - ought you to be bundling "some soloutions which the customer may have issues with" with the lenses. Essentially the product is sold at a price point seemingly without any care

Suggestion - use a shopping cart system - where customers can choose lenses, soloutions, review and track the orders, give you repeat orders - or even set up automatic repeat orders)

Hope that helps

Richard King

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave

HOLY!! Welcome back KING.. good to see you here. :D I am looking forward to your posts on this thread/subject.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Snitgirl View Post
    HOLY!! Welcome back KING.. good to see you here. :D
    Hey thats dead funny - we are rebranding the photography business to the name KING! (in capitals)

Thread Information