Thread: My Vision Express ????

OptiBoard Professional OptiBoard Silver Supporter eryn's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused My Vision Express ????

Is anyone out there currently using My Vision Express? If so can you give me some pros/cons of the system. Working for a private practice OD looking for a new system.

All help will be appreciated!

OptiBoard Professional OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I installed My Vision Express in a couple of offices. It's real advantage is that is very inexpensive. It reports are not very good though. It is not a bad program for a small office, just not the best out there. You essentially get what you pay for.
    Don't let a billy goat guard your cabbage patch.

registeredoptician Refractingoptician.com's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by rbanting69 View Post
    I installed My Vision Express in a couple of offices. It's real advantage is that is very inexpensive. It reports are not very good though. It is not a bad program for a small office, just not the best out there. You essentially get what you pay for.
    What would you consider to be the best ?

OptiBoard Professional OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Other than using corporate programs which are very user friendly, I have used My Vision Express, Officemate, and Maximeyes. I liked Maximeyes the best. It produced the best reports. It does cost a lot though, and is not as stable if you have more than 6 computers on the network.
    Don't let a billy goat guard your cabbage patch.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I like MVE; simple, priced right, and has excellent support.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Proceed with caution. I have heard very mixed reviews MVE

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

We like MVE!

Quote Originally Posted by eryn View Post
    Is anyone out there currently using My Vision Express? If so can you give me some pros/cons of the system. Working for a private practice OD looking for a new system.

All help will be appreciated!
    We have used it for 3 years and it continues to evolve; they all have issues and it depends on what you are looking for in options. They have released the Report Customizer and it allows you to create your own reports.
    They are in the process of allowing the user to customize the input screens; this will be huge!

We like the program and would purchase again. We use in 3 locations and it is on a server; it is very stable.

Craig

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The Pros:
    Base is inexpensive
    Somewhat customizable
    Listens to feedback
    Constantly updating to improve feedback
    Doesn't stop working if you decide to forgo maintenance. You just don't get updates free.
    Integrates with Vision Web and Eyefinity

Cons:
    Parts of it a bit clumsy (though improving..)
    Always updating.. so may require some tweaking.
    With all the *additional* modules: Exam, Report Customizer.. getting in the same range as a few others.

I think my biggest issue was with inventory. Trying to get my lenses down with 2 insurances the cover the lab costs, but have radically different selections and insurance applications made things a bit more difficult to manage. I was hoping to get everything to the point where it could do it all for me. .and while I think that is possible, I just don't have the time nor the support to do so at my office. However it is great to give me a ball park on figures, keep track of orders, evaluate insurance, and I love the exam module.

Their own forum seems to be the best avenue to really trade ideas and come up with good work solutions for various situations as they rise up. It also seems to be the place where Vipul, Brian, and the other powers that be solicit advice and talk about wants/needs and the possible..

The report customizer is one such result from the conversations that have take place there.

Use it love it.. but others in my office think I am crazy..
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have been using it for almost 5 years. It is powerful and feature-rich. I only use it for eyeglass sales.
    ...Just ask me...

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    Does MVE seamlessly integrate with eyefnity? I would imagine that Officemate (which is owned by VSP) would be pretty seamless. I think this is really important for eliminating the redundancy involved in writing up a job. In our case, our opticians write up the order on a little card which we store in an optical cabinet. However, they also have to enter the information in eyefinity. Lastly, they have to make a copy of the optical card so that they can give this copy to the biller to post all the charges into our main billing software. I've heard that with office mate you get the auth directly from the software. You then enter the job directly into the software. It transmits it directly to vsp and posts all the charges at exactly the same time. I wonder if MVE has these advantages.

Also, a bar code inventory scanning system would be remarkably useful. Officemate has this. Does MVE?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I do all my VSP work through MVE. I can authorize, file, and it will even calculate patient out of pockets if you have created the fee schedule correctly. It has the ability to update the VSP lens database with the appropriate lens codes so that one can always have the latest listings.

IT does have the ability as well to do the bar coding inventory system. I personally have not gotten to this point yet, however I know the tools are in place, and it is Spex/Frame Facts compatible as well.

From a billing standpoint, I love the batch receipt/statement function. I can select a period of time, choose what dollar range I am looking for, and press a button to have all my statements print at once. I am looking into making it a letter function though so I can have a notation already made w/o having to do it manually that a statement was sent.

They also allow for batch processing of both claim to print, and checks to reconcile..
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

watevah
    I would avoid MVE. It is by far and away the worst POS software I have ever used.

Thread Information