STYLE EXPERT FINOLA HUGHES SHARES INSIGHT FOR TRANSLATING THE
VICE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE’S STYLE INTO A WEARABLE LOOK FOR YOU

Makeover Host Says Eyewear Can Add Instant Sophistication
LOS ANGELES (Sept. 12, 2008) – With all eyes on vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, she has the public abuzz with not only her platform, but also her eyewear. Palin’s signature specs have people talking about her style, and fashion expert Finola Hughes weighs-in on how other women can incorporate this look into their own lives from head to toe.

As a progressive lens wearer herself, Hughes knows a thing or two about choosing the right eyewear. “Lenses are actually what make a pair of glasses,” said Hughes. “Of course, frames are key, but the highest quality progressive lenses are what will really take your look to the next level. Once you have the lenses, you can buy designer frames at any price point.”
For Palin, Hughes suggests progressive lenses like Varilux® – the #1 doctor-prescribed progressive lenses from Essilor. “Women over 40 are often caught wearing outdated bifocals. Switching to progressives can make you look years younger, and are much more functional for every day life,” said Hughes. “With progressive lenses, Palin will be able to read her notes on the podium and see all the members of her audience.” Hughes also suggests that eyewear should have the proper anti-glare technology to avoid reflecting bright lights on stage. “My Varilux with Crizal® lenses were just what I needed to allow me to wear my glasses without dealing with the glare of bright lights from the cameras. Palin should also consider taking preventative measures against eyewear glare, so we can see her and she can see us more clearly.”

“It’s great to see another strong, smart woman out there wearing eyewear with confidence,” said Hughes. “The right eyewear gives any woman instant elegance and sophistication, and commands respect from those around her.”
As a style expert and makeover consultant, Hughes offers these additional suggestions to update Palin’s look:

• “The bangs, the heavy framed glasses and banana clip are all too distracting,” Hughes says, “A good hair cut, maybe to the collarbone, with layers to accentuate strong jawbone is the way to go. Go to Jonathon Sahag to get a dry cut.”

• Lose the shiny, short, boxy jackets. They do not flatter. Go for fitted, single button jackets, with peplums – they are very stylish and current. Check out Donna Karan, Helmut Lang and Calvin Klein.