Thread: ABO Prep Materials

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

ABO Prep Materials

I realize that most of us are either licensed, ABO certified, or in an opticianry program at a school. Since part of my job description involves training, I wondered what ABO prep materials were by the optiboarders and the teachers recommended?

I got a book from the NAO that had the questions in the front and the answers in the back which helped me to study, but must admit that I got most of what I needed at my Opticianry school. What other types of materials have you found helpful?

We are having a one-day prep course Friday (10-12) and would like to provide a list of the most helpful materials.

I want the materials you have first hand knowledge of that you personally used and found a benefit!

~Cindy

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Might find the Core of Knowledge useful. You can get the CD for about $8 @ the website. Contains the text as well as the Q&A sections.
    Got so many books at home I can't even remember the titles (on the road this week or I'd look the titles up for ya). Professional Press use to have quite a few good selections. And the OAA site has some as well.
    J. R. Smith

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks, JRS!

Can you let me know when you get a chance which books you found helpful! Thanks so much! :0)

~Cindy

Bad address email on file

Wave

i would also love to know what material u found to study for the abo if u dont mind

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We had our prep class today and it was fantastic. All the associates present told me that they felt it was tremendously beneficial!

We got a lot of fantastic handouts. (Rain Girl e-mail me and I will be happy to put a set in the mail for you.)

One book I do recommend is the one I mentioned from the NAO. Mention that in the e-mail and I will be happy to give you the title and link you to the site that sells it!

~Cindy

Bad address email on file

Redhot Jumper

Hi everyone,
    I just took my ABO test because of a recent layoff from my previous employment. So I went to the local library so get some study materials and there was nothing there or in the system all the way out to Boston and in school libraries. Fortunately I had some friends that had some study materials which I could borrow. I was suprised that there was nothing at the libraries at all.

Thread Information