I may be off base or a little behind the times. Last I heard, Costco was using a molded Essilor blank, most likely the Ovations, with a free form back surface, similar to the Hoya IQ series of lenses. Again, this may be old news. So, not a true free form design. I believe Happylady, as several of our opticians came from Costco. They didn’t know what design when asked. All they knew was that it was digital.
As for AR. I’m sure they are using an Essilor coating as well. It’s not fair to compare all ARs with Crizal. There are many independent labs that dip coat prior to the AR stack, and their coatings are just as durable. Depending on which tier of Crizal, it may come with a primer and/or index matched dip coat.
Many solvent based spin coats are very durable as well. The big difference is in price. Index matched lacquers with a primer coat costs time and money, therefore are more expensive to produce. A decent factory hard coat and a decent backside spin will yield great results with AR. As long as there is a good hydro and oleo process, they should be fine.