INDUSTRY VETERAN MIKE DALEY RETIRES FROM ESSILOR FOLLOWING 32 YEARS OF SERVICE

DALLAS – (July 24, 2008) – Today Essilor of America, Inc., the leading manufacturer of optical lenses, announces the retirement of industry veteran Mike Daley, Lens Group president, after 32 years of service with Essilor, effective August 29, 2008.

”I would like to thank Mike for his considerable contributions to making Varilux the most prescribed progressive lens in the U.S. Through this dedication he earned the name ‘Mr. Varilux.’ He should be proud of his role in making the Varilux, Crizal and Transitions brands, as well as polycarbonate and high index, Thin&Lite materials, the leaders with ECPs,” said John Carrier, president of Essilor of America.

Daley began his career with Essilor in 1976, as sales consultant for the Varilux Corporation. Over the following thirteen years, Mike’s responsibilities increased to include marketing, technical services, laboratory operations, and sales and ultimately resulted in his promotion to president of Varilux Corporation in 1989.

In 1996, Daley was appointed president and COO of Essilor’s United States Lens Division, which became known as Essilor Lenses following the merger of the Varilux and Silor commercial distribution networks.

Throughout his career, Mike has been recognized by his peers and has served on an impressive number of industry posts including National Academy of Opticianry (NAO) Hall of Fame; Vision Council of America, Board of Directors since 1999 and Vice Chairman (2006); Prevent Blindness America, Board of Directors (2006-present); Ferris State University Honorary Doctorate (2006) and OLA Hall of Fame and The OLA Directors Choice Award (2006). Most recently he was invited to serve on the AOA Optometric Charity Board.

Mike Daley expressed, “Throughout my career at Essilor, we have always understood the importance of listening to the customer. My relationships with wholesale labs and the independent optometrists will remain my most treasured memories. This is indeed a noble industry and knowing that we have prepared well for the future of our industry by providing the best vision possible will keep me satisfied into my retirement.

During my retirement, I plan to keep busy exercising, golfing and boating in Maine during the summer and in Florida during the winter months. I look forward to spending more time with my family – they have been so supportive of me during my Essilor years.

I also wish to thank everyone for the privilege and great honor of working with the most amazing company, with the most phenomenal people, in the greatest industry in the world. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.”

Mike will continue to serve Essilor as a consultant, including providing Essilor representation at industry associations, events, and meetings such as the Vision Council and Prevent Blindness America.