Thread: practical exam

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Redhot Jumper practical exam

helo there!! how is everyone? just had a question...wanted to know if anyone has any info on the practical examination for the state of new york. what are some important concepts that one needs to know? how long is the exam itself? do you have to bring your own tools? etc....thank you for any info that will help. ohh also is the test taken in albany?
    does anyone have any practice tests for it?:D

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Yes, it is in Albany, NY

Hi... The test is in Alabany, NY. If you like information in how to register for it call 518- 474 3817 ext 250. I know you have to bring your own tools. I am in the process of going to take the test as well and don't know much about how the test is yet, sorry...
    Also trying to find out more myself!

Bruna

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by daffodill1025 View Post
    helo there!! how is everyone? just had a question...wanted to know if anyone has any info on the practical examination for the state of new york. what are some important concepts that one needs to know? how long is the exam itself? do you have to bring your own tools? etc....thank you for any info that will help. ohh also is the test taken in albany?
    does anyone have any practice tests for it?:D
    As I have told many people in the past ( I m an x-board examiner) be as calm as possible and know the difference between retro-scopic tilt and panascopic. Also know how too angle the nose wires in or out and up and down properly. How to adjust them so the frame is brought in, out, up or down. And remember you don't have to re- order lenses to compensate for 1mm in lined bifocals or no- lines if they ask. You would be surprised at how many so called opticians will re-order lenses because of 1 mm because they don't know how to adjust a frame properly or they are to lazy to figure it out. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by jediron1; 11-20-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

Thread Information