ENHANCED EYEGLASS GUIDE 2.0 TO LAUNCH IN SUMMER 2008
Interactive Web Site Will Include Personal Customization to Turn
“Eyeglasses Into My Glasses”
SEATTLE, June 27, 2008 – Transitions Optical, Inc. is updating the popular Eyeglass Guide to include a highly visual and interactive eyeglass customization process, and will re-launch the Web site this summer. Still found at www.EyeglassGuide.com, the enhanced site will visually build a pair of eyeglasses for the user – including frames and lenses – according to answers to a series of lifestyle questions.

Reflecting consumer feedback, the site will provide eyeglass wearers with frame ideas that will flatter both their faces and individual sense of style, and introduce them to sight-enhancing lens options and the benefits of multiple pairs. When consumers reach the end of the guide, they will be able to print out a record of their customized eyeglasses to take to their next optical appointment. To help them discuss the options with their eyecare professionals, the results will be divided into five sections – My Life, My Lenses, My Options, My Frames and My Look.

“Just as car Web sites allow consumers to build their dream ride, the new Eyeglass Guide will help consumers build eyewear that is suited for them – turning eyeglasses into my glasses,” said Rose Wallace, marketing manager, lens manufacturers, Transitions. “With an eyeglass suggestion tailored to their lifestyle and personal preferences, consumers will be more likely to get excited about their next pair of glasses and will want to share their choices with their eyecare professionals – giving the eyecare professional a foundation to better address their unique vision wear needs.” The site emphasizes that the best vision wear advice comes from an eyecare professional.

Beginning in August, TV and print advertising will drive consumers to the site, which will include an eyecare professional locator. Additionally, whenever consumers search the Web for topics such as frames, lenses or eyewear in general, search engine optimization and online advertising will ensure that consumers are able to find the Eyeglass Guide Web site.
Complementing the Web site, a print version of the new Eyeglass Guide will be available to eyecare professionals for use in-office on the Transitions Online Marketing (TOM) Tool. They will also be able to link to an online version of the Eyeglass Guide without the eyecare professional locator. This feature will allow eyecare professionals to send their own patients to the site prior to their appointment to experience the customization process.

The My Life section of the resulting printout will serve as a summary of the patient’s lifestyle factors. In addition, the My Lenses section will provide lens recommendations for the patient to consider, such as Transitions® lenses, progressives, anti-reflective coatings or high-index materials, while the My Frames and My Look sections will provide a summary of frame selection factors such as face shape, clothing color preferences and personal style. Finally, the My Options section addresses the benefits of owning more than one pair of glasses to help ensure the best possible vision for all activities – for example, Activated by Transitions™ or polarized prescription sunglasses to improve visual comfort while driving.