Thread: Venting on what I saw at the ABO testing site

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Venting on what I saw at the ABO testing site

I went to the ABO testing site on Sunday in Denver. While I waited for the doors to open no one could help but notice the 3 or so loud women also doing the same. The tall skinny girl with super short shorts proclaims for all to hear she did not study any material she does not care if she passes or fails. She plain does not care! The other lady with short dark hair also declares for all the hear she is a full time employee, full time parent and does not have time to open a book. The other quietest of the three softly establishes her ground also no time to study also no care attitude. These test are not cheap times 3 with no respect to the employeer that apparently wanted his employees to suceed and employees with no respect for the value of a dollar.
    While waiting for the test to began the show with these three women didn't stop they thought they were funny and the two obvious loud mouths wanted the attention the one even tore a hole in the page. I am thankful the couch mentioned complete silence otherwise I was going to say something.
    What frustrates me here is that their employer is known in Denver & Springs as a hard nose and they also mentioned that. As an employee just keep quit show respect for your office and yourself and if the owner is a ---hole taunting that is not attractive and find another job.

I feel better now, lol.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Good for the liver no doubt!

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Yvette, don't let it get you down. Disrespect brings disrespect and you can't get upset that there are people in the world without self-respect.

I say, log it as one more thing not to do - so when you own your optical it will be easy to motivate employees and attract quality help.

Sorry you had to witness that!

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

It could be worse

When I sat for the NCLE, a couple other testers told me about 2 no shows from the ABO in the morning. As it turns out, it was 2 of the lab techs that work in the same lab as I do, the same 2 who refused to join any of the study sessions I was offering to the group. Their excuse was that they weren't prepared, and didn't want to fail, and my response to that was "you had an infinetly better chance of passing by just showing up. You may have failed, but you're guaranteed not to pass if you don't show up at all." Sad to say, but both of them are military personnel...
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

military personnel

why is it sad that both of them are military personnel? Just curious. I doubt if you could get by in saying that about any other group, being they women, minorities, etc. Hopefully you were intending to imply that you were expecting more out of military personnel, instead of implying that, because they were military personnel, that is the reason they didn't join the study group or didn't show up for the test.

Occupation
    That's exactly what I meant. Loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, personal courage. Those are supposed to be the "army values". I spent several years in the military, and these 2 are a big disappointment.

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Occupation
    Oh, and since it's a military optical lab (with civilian employees as well) there were other military in the study groups. Its just these 2 in particular that refused to do any studying in the 3 month lead up to the test, and then come to find out that afternoon that they didnt even show up. They reflected poorly on the rest of us...

Thread Information