Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well its over..........

Bad address email on file sharonm516's Avatar
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by va_optikal View Post
    I passed !! I'm so excited. My husband opened my letter today while I was at work . He called to tell me. I couldn't help it, I started crying. What a relief, finally after all these years. Even my boss was excited for me. Now maybe I'll get a raise.. haha.. Would be nice. ;)
    Sharon, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't pass,. You'll just have to go back in November and try again like I was going to do if I didn't pass.
    I'm glad for the rest who passed the test.

:cheers: Cheers..
    Congrats girl!!! Thats what I get for only studying for like a week before the test. Hope you get the raise!!!!

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by sharonm516 View Post
    Congrats girl!!! Thats what I get for only studying for like a week before the test. Hope you get the raise!!!!

Thanks so much ! ;)

It sounds like you're moving? Good luck with a new job, and all.

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Thanks so much ! ;)

It sounds like you're moving? Good luck with a new job, and all.
    Yes we got orders this week for Ft Knox, KY its official..we report in September. KY is a licensing state...so I have to have the NCLE and ABO...then the state exam..blah blah blah. But I cant still work on the military post as a technician, since Im doing that already. So hopefully I can get in at the hospital on post.

Congrats again!!!

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by sharonm516 View Post
    Yes we got orders this week for Ft Knox, KY its official..we report in September. KY is a licensing state...so I have to have the NCLE and ABO...then the state exam..blah blah blah. But I cant still work on the military post as a technician, since Im doing that already. So hopefully I can get in at the hospital on post.

Congrats again!!!
    Thanks. ;)
    Well, KY sure makes one tow the line don't they. Glad its not that way here in Kansas. It was all I could do to absorb for this test !
    Well, good luck in KY. Maybe you can work in the Optical shop at the Fort if not the hospital and better yet, see if the VA ( if theres one close by) has a contracted optical shop or they need a tech there in the clinic.

Take care.

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Thanks. ;)
    Well, KY sure makes one tow the line don't they. Glad its not that way here in Kansas. It was all I could do to absorb for this test !
    Well, good luck in KY. Maybe you can work in the Optical shop at the Fort if not the hospital and better yet, see if the VA ( if theres one close by) has a contracted optical shop or they need a tech there in the clinic.

Take care.
    Sheesh work was a mess yesterday...I meant that I CAN still work at the clinic in the hospital. :hammer:
    Where I would really like to get into is the huge fabrication lab at Ft Knox. Its run by the Navy actually...so I have to go through their process to get in. They can just never make it easy, huh? LOL
    I do have a few offers from Louisville which is about 30 miles away from the post. I might have to just look at those too although I dont really want to commute that far.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hey Harry, noticed that your sig changed. Congrats on passing the test. I missed it by 5 stinking points. I went into the NCLE-AC thinking I was going to fail miserably and finished the whole 150 question test in one hour. If I could do it agin, I would definetly take my time. Oh well, guess this gives me an excuse to go to Vegas and take a test again. Congrats to everyone else who passed

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by rolandclaur View Post
    Hey Harry, noticed that your sig changed. Congrats on passing the test. I missed it by 5 stinking points. I went into the NCLE-AC thinking I was going to fail miserably and finished the whole 150 question test in one hour. If I could do it agin, I would definetly take my time. Oh well, guess this gives me an excuse to go to Vegas and take a test again. Congrats to everyone else who passed
    I missed by a few points the first time around on the advanced NCLE as well. It sucked cause I did the saem thought it was easy and breezed through it. What Chip said really got my attention and helped me pass. Don't give them the correct answer give them the answer they're lookign for. Unfortunately their are more than a few questions where the answer could go 2 ways and what we do in practice compared to the test was a bit different. Hope that tip helps you as much as it helped me.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryChiling View Post
    I missed by a few points the first time around on the advanced NCLE as well. It sucked cause I did the saem thought it was easy and breezed through it. What Chip said really got my attention and helped me pass. Don't give them the correct answer give them the answer they're lookign for. Unfortunately their are more than a few questions where the answer could go 2 ways and what we do in practice compared to the test was a bit different. Hope that tip helps you as much as it helped me.
    I think it would be even better if I put you in a wig and had you take the test for me in Sept/November. :D

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I Passed

I got the results and scored an 80. I rock.:D
    Anthony Rico AZ Licensed ABOC NCLEC

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You do ROCK!

Congrats!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I passed !! I'm so excited. My husband opened my letter today while I was at work . He called to tell me. I couldn't help it, I started crying. What a relief, finally after all these years. Even my boss was excited for me. Now maybe I'll get a raise.. haha.. Would be nice. ;)
    Sharon, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't pass,. You'll just have to go back in November and try again like I was going to do if I didn't pass.
    I'm glad for the rest who passed the test.

:cheers: Cheers..
    I still remember that day. My husband opened the letter as well. He didnt say anything, but he gave me a big hug/ showed me the letter. It was kinda surprising !!

Thread Information