Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Gas Prices

We haven't done a gas price check lately, so here goes.

$3.72 for Reg and $4.31 for deisel (farmers are raising all kinds of H---)

Vision Equipment OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor Leo Hadley Jr's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    It cost me almost $20.00 to fill my 5.1 gallon tank today.
    I remember my first car, a 75 cutlass used to cost $12.00 to fill the whole tank. Its getting crazy.
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment
    T: 855.776.2020

www.visionequipmentinc.com

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Pretty insulated around the midwest lately I guess. It's the low to mid 3.00's still

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Filled up yesterday for $3.61 just north of Austin, TX.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    13 gallons of mid-grade cost me $51 and change yesterday.

Occupation

It's your fault

We are looking at $7.00 a gallon for 100LL aviation gasoline for our trip out west next month. Thats about $1000.00 for the 2300 mile trip.

These high fuel costs are the result of the pin heads in Washington (Republicans and Democrats alike) who have failed to enact a sane energy policy.

About ten years ago a panel of scientists, engineers, energy companies, consumers and environmentalists met for four years to see if they could come up with a consensus on an energy policy to prevent just the problems that we have today. They unanimously agreed on four steps:

1. Build a ton of nuclear power plants.
    2. Reduce the red tape and time delays in licensing new power plants and refineries.
    3. Develop our vast domestic resources (ANWAR and off shore.)
    4. Increase the CAFE standards.

So, what do the bozos in Washington (Republicans and Democrats alike) do. They give us ethanol. We vote them in (Republicans and Democrats alike) so it really is our fault.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Low grade 87 = $3.79
    Mid-grade 89 = $3.93
    Premium = $3.99

I filled up the Cowboy Cadillac last night = $91.50!!!!!

I keep telling my wifey and everybody that B*tches about it at work that we have always paid the least for gas of just about every country in the world. We should be thankful for that! I follow up with saying that I feel blessed that I am gainfully employed and have the ability to pay for it!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:
    Last edited by Fezz; 05-16-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: My name is MUD...so says Primus!!!!

Occupation
    I usually stop at the same gas station/gedunk for gas. They also have a Starbucks on site. I am always amused by the moonbats standing around pissin and moanin about the high price of gas while ordering a $6.25 6 oz cuppa designer coffee.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    $4 in California, premium is $4.20 diesel is $4.80

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    We are looking at $7.00 a gallon for 100LL aviation gasoline for our trip out west next month. Thats about $1000.00 for the 2300 mile trip.
    Bro, you might want to check http://www.airnav.com/plan/fuel/ I can find 100LL 10 miles away for $4.00 self serve or $6.50 at my local FBO.

Occupation
    AirNav data is frequently out of date or inaccurate. Additionally, I really have better things to do then schlep around looking to save a few pennies. Now, winds aloft, thats another matter. Thats where the real savings come to play - time. KORH direct KCBT direct KMFR FL 250

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Arrow Time to put the walking shoes on...

Last I filled up it was $1.34 litre. (I am sure you can do the math)

One thing about Canada that still boggles my mind is that the price of gas can change hourly...
    Last edited by Snitgirl; 05-17-2008 at 01:10 PM.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Snitgirl View Post
    One things about Canada that still boggles my mind is that the price of gas can change hourly...

Gasoline prices are high and fluctuate because of sepculation not shortage, that's why Saudi Arabia refused to increase productions yesterday.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

These high fuel costs are the result of the pin heads in Washington (Republicans and Democrats alike) who have failed to enact a sane energy policy.

About ten years ago a panel of scientists, engineers, energy companies, consumers and environmentalists met for four years to see if they could come up with a consensus on an energy policy to prevent just the problems that we have today. They unanimously agreed on four steps:

1. Build a ton of nuclear power plants.
    2. Reduce the red tape and time delays in licensing new power plants and refineries.
    3. Develop our vast domestic resources (ANWAR and off shore.)
    4. Increase the CAFE standards.
    So, what do the bozos in Washington (Republicans and Democrats alike) do. They give us ethanol. We vote them in (Republicans and Democrats alike) so it really is our fault.
    Right on, Chip. The environmentalist whackos have us paying through the nose for all of our natural resources. We can’t drill for oil and we can’t cut down trees. Just wait till they find out that we use polycarbonate. We will be prevented from harvesting the polycarbonate bush. Think of all the little children that will go blind.

We, in the USA, have a legacy of cheap oil. Our grand manufacturing economy was built on the availability of cheap and plentiful energy. Other countries are not so fortunate. If you are paying seven bucks of money for a gallon of gas, tough tuba. Get over it. Get a bicycle.

Lets get going on developing the inland and coastal oil patch and while we are at it, a new refinery in Hyannis, MA might be in order. How about we start the construction of a whole bunch of nuclear power plants. Let’s get back to the good old days of $0.32.9 a gallon gas.
    ExonMobile 1st quarter 2005 dividends in at $0.29 a share. Stock up 10% since the first of the year. Thank you grandpa Baker for the 100 shares that you bought for me on my birth in 1940. Thank you for instilling in me the principals of capitalism.

I am also grateful for resisting the many impulses in past years to sell and buy toys or engage in some “brain storm” and become “Mr. Big Shot.”

Today, the dividends alone pay all the fuel costs for my big scary Republican SUV, Town Car and motor home.

How sweet it is.

Dick

www.aerovisiontech.com
    Ten bucks a week. Holy Mackinaw Andy, Looks like we are going to have to cut out a couple of Starbucks a weeks or a couple of packs of Virginia Slims to break even.

In truth, I do not know anyone who has changed their driving patterns to accommodate this temporary rise in fuel prices; the economy is just too good.
    I believe that the price increase was due to the perceived shortage of petroleum as reflected in the futures market. Now that President Bush has released stock from the strategic reserve we are seeing a downward trend in prices which should return to equilibrium very shortly.

As a stockholder I do defend the policies of Exxon by pointing out that the petroleum industry in the USA provides the cheap and abundant energy that fuels our nation’s economic growth. Exxon also invites you to assume an ownership position in the corporation and share in the profits.

You ain’t never had it so good.
    Times change, and so does one's perspective...
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    $3.92 Reg. and $4.53 Diesel

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    You know, I do not like to blame Bush for the prices, especially since there are other factors. But don't you find it funny that the President and Vice President of the most influential nation in the World are involve/have been involved in the oil industry and are good friends with the Saudi's (and Bin Ladin's)?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    You know, I do not like to blame Bush for the prices, especially since there are other factors. But don't you find it funny that the President and Vice President of the most influential nation in the World are involve/have been involved in the oil industry and are good friends with the Saudi's (and Bin Ladin's)?
    Now that's funny, the man that everyone thinks is so stupid can now control the price of oil and even better control the Saudi's...lets come back to reality.

Bad address email on file Alteaon's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Two days ago I filled up for 63.00. 4.39 gal. My next purchase is going to be an old fashioned bicycle.

Occupation
    I filled up today for over $100 for the first time in my life 24.4 Gallons for $101.01

BTW, an increase in oil productions by the Saudis lower prices but would also would upset Venevuala and Iran who happen to be members of OPEC.

Prices will not go down until the hostilities between the 3 countries tones down.

CL Fitter/Optician/Mommy SarahMP584's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ok here in LA county, the desert at costco today it was 3.90 for regular. My husband saw diesel for 5.05 this weekend ! We dont drive our excursion much now!

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We're getting ready for our annual roadtrip.

Ohio, to St. Louis, to Kansas, to Texas, to New Orleans, over to Fla,
    back through Al, up through Va, over to WV, and then back home.

I figured it will cost about $400 more for fuel than it did last year. (Ohio to Wyoming & Utah) Hopefully, the roads won't be as crowded, and I read hotel prices are down.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I was just on the site roadtrip.com, and used the mileage/gas price calculator to figure out the total cost. It's much less than I thought.

It will actually only cost me about $150 more than last year. At that price, I'll be able to get a room big enough so the kids won't have to sleep in the car!

Occupation
    I am just reporting this news and neither laud nor condemn it. Don't care to discuss it either. On Tuesday, May 27 at 0900 regular gas was down $0.03 a gallon here in South Central , Massachusetts. $3.83/gal.

Optical Clairvoyant OptiBoard Bronze Supporter Andrew Weiss's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We're up to just under $4.00 per gallon at most stations, about 10 cents less at Costco.

Thank you, For-Life, for bringing up the connection between the current administration in Washington and big oil (Sec. of State Rice is in that group, too). It isn't a matter of who can control what; even Pres. Bush's friends in the Saudi government slapped his hand when he asked them to put more oil on the market in an effort to reduce prices. It's a matter of a mind-set, of what one considers acceptable and right. Folks who have economic interests in that area see no problem with big profits based on oil futures trading, which is what's driving much of the price of oil.

We still pay less for gasoline than most other countries. On the other hand, we are not set up in this country for most people to run their lives without an automobile -- rather different than most of Europe and most other industrialized countries in the world.

We have changed our driving patterns. This past weekend we stayed very local instead of traveling to the shore or the mountains. And yep, I have my bicycle out. We're moving to a new office space late this summer, and already our office manager is joking that we should build a shower into the new space. :D
    Andrew

"One must remember that at the end of the road, there is a path" --- Fortune Cookie

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Weiss View Post
    And yep, I have my bicycle out. We're moving to a new office space late this summer, and already our office manager is joking that we should build a shower into the new space. :D
    I just installed a shower in our upstairs office for morning and lunchtime rides, but only on the trails. I'd still rather pay the high cost of gas,rather than pay for drs./hosp/rehab, after some idiot on a cell phone, shaving, while eating his breakfast plows into me on the side of the road.

Thread Information