Thread: Optometry Software - Canada

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Optometry Software - Canada

Could anyone give me ideas for software to manage a multi-office optometry business. There are some softwares out there but we obviously require billing for Canada businesses.

What software are businesses using now??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeevans View Post
    Could anyone give me ideas for software to manage a multi-office optometry business. There are some softwares out there but we obviously require billing for Canada businesses.

We're in the process of learning Eyesistant from Mediclink, and they're a Canadian company.
    http://www.eyesistant.com/
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Bad address email on file Icareforeyecare's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

idea

You may want to contact Liquid Vision. I know that they have a site in Canada. I am not affiliated in any way.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Hi Mike. We have a multi-office practice management system with EMR. We currently don't have any specific functionality for the Canadian market, however one of our developers is Canadian (she lives in BC) and we would be interested in doing so. If you were willing to work with us we could arrange a special deal for you and make the necessary modifications to function smoothly in the Canadian market. Please let me know if this might interest you.

-Anthony

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper

Would you have any software for the optical retail shop?

Regards, M:)

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidVision_Dev View Post
    Hi Mike. We have a multi-office practice management system with EMR. We currently don't have any specific functionality for the Canadian market, however one of our developers is Canadian (she lives in BC) and we would be interested in doing so. If you were willing to work with us we could arrange a special deal for you and make the necessary modifications to function smoothly in the Canadian market. Please let me know if this might interest you.

-Anthony

Would you have any software for the optical retail shop for the Canadian market?

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by i care guy View Post
    Would you have any software for the optical retail shop?

Hi M,

Yes we do. Our software is a complete EMR/Practice Management package for optometry that includes optical dispensing. If you'd like I can arrange a demonstration for you.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper

Is your software compatible for the Canadian market?
    How much is your product? What's the annual fee?

Occupation
    We don't have any Canadian users (yet!) however the only place I think you would have any issues is possibly with the automated electronic insurance filing. I will loook into that and get back to you.

If there are any modifications that need to be made to support the Canadian market we would be happy to do them at no charge. One of my developers is actually from western Canada. We would love for you to be our first user in Canada.

You can find our pricing along with our competitors at http://www.odemrs.com/index.php?opti...apper&Itemid=8

You will also find comparisons of features and other items there. It's a good resource as you do your research. We would be very interested on giving a great deal to our first Canadian installation so we can get some feedback on our software from a Canadian perspective.

The distinction of our software is our scalable, industrial strength technology (you can't be too big or too small), sophisticated software development methedologies, and a design philosophy emphasizing intuitive, fast and pleasing user interface design.

Our company is relationship focused. We are very friendly and compassionate with high ethical standards. We are consistantly responsive to our user's questions, problems and requests.

Please let me know if I can answer any further questions or arrange a demo for you.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Hey, i have used visual eyes and ifile. I work in ontario. Let me know if you have any quesitons

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am having the same difficulty finding suitable software for our office. It seems like all of the amazing software is for U.S. based clinics and won't allow for OHIP billing. The one we may consider is Filopto. www.filopto.com It is in New Brunswick. You can download a demo on your computer (however it is the US version) but it gives you an idea on how it works. Except I havent been able to find out how to set up a Doctor, it may be just because of the Demo version.

We have been using Visionware, and it works ok for our optometrist, and dispensary, but not for our MD (it doesnt allow us to see diagnostic testing on the scheduling screen, and would print out too many pages to pull files), other wise it is a nice program, and support is good.

We are also checking out Ifile. It seems pretty basic, and easy to use, and cost wise isnt too bad. Pricing etc is on the website. www.msfci.com there is a video tour and gives you an idea on its workings.

If you have found another one that works in Canada can you please let me know!!

thanks

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by adkro View Post
    I am having the same difficulty finding suitable software for our office. It seems like all of the amazing software is for U.S. based clinics and won't allow for OHIP billing. The one we may consider is Filopto. www.filopto.com It is in New Brunswick. You can download a demo on your computer (however it is the US version) but it gives you an idea on how it works. Except I havent been able to find out how to set up a Doctor, it may be just because of the Demo version.

We have been using Visionware, and it works ok for our optometrist, and dispensary, but not for our MD (it doesnt allow us to see diagnostic testing on the scheduling screen, and would print out too many pages to pull files), other wise it is a nice program, and support is good.

We are also checking out Ifile. It seems pretty basic, and easy to use, and cost wise isnt too bad. Pricing etc is on the website. www.msfci.com there is a video tour and gives you an idea on its workings.

thanks
    Thanks for the info.

Many optometrists are using the I-file and opticians are using C-file.
    Recently ther's a basic C-file for opticians without any support at the cost of $499.00 Canadian. I'm looking in to that right now.

Regards, M

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation

Possible software the would work

Connect Absolute Computer Solutions at 506 871-5150 they have a database that is used in Canada. Has billing, prescription printout, client data, etc. Also, keeps track of appointments. They are located in New Brunswick.

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by adkro View Post

thanks
    Hi adkro, I'm an account rep. at EMRlogic Systems, we have many clients in Ontario - let me know if you'd like more info!

Occupation

CIS-Focus

I am looking for a new software too and discovered this one. P&P Data Systems Inc. Does anyone have any experience with this?
    http://www.p-pdata.com/

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    There are various software available in market if you want to manage records which can help you a lot in centralizing your system. Various databases like oracle, DB2 etc can be useful. Once you go for services provided by these software, you will start using these. you can also approach to developer, tell your requirements and he can design software accordingly.

Banned
    Occupation

Try www.*****.com optical. great software that allows all of you need.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by alexm View Post

Are you involved with this company in any way?

Is is a little disclosure needed here?

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    Are you involved with this company in any way?

Is is a little disclosure needed here?
    I work with the system working for an optical store.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by alexm View Post
    I work with the system working for an optical store.
    That is not true. The web page for your email address and the web page for that site and company show the exact same phone number. Spamming is not allowed here. And lying about it is even worse.

You have just earned a permanent ban of any mention of that site on OptiBoard.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Thread Information