Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs!!!

Vision Equipment OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor Leo Hadley Jr's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubendol View Post
    Well, The Flyers played their best game, the Pens played their worst game of the entire playoffs and the pens still won. And the Flyers lost their second best defensement.

I don’t want to count my Penguins Eggs before their hatched, but I feel a Stanley Cup may be in their future.

16 straight wins at home, 10-1 in the playoffs. The Flyers throw their best offensive chances at The Flower and they still only get two goals.

The Pens always find a way to win…ugly or pretty they win it.
    And they even had a goal taken away and still won!!!
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment
    T: 855.776.2020

www.visionequipmentinc.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yeah, no one is even talking about that in the press, but it was quite clearly a goal. I guess I understand the reason for the ruling, but the video really made it as close to unequivocal as possible that it was a goal.

And a lot of press has gone to Sid’s points, but how about Gonchar with 3 point on the night.
    www.opticaljedi.com
    www.facebook.com/opticaljedi
    www.twitter.com/opticaljedi

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I agree that it was a goal. NHL officiating is atrocious.
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Well, The Flyers played their best game...
    I think the Flyers played one of their worst games, epsecially with Coburn gone. They can and have played much better. And the Pens only won by one (excluding the open net goal).
    ...Just ask me...

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    I don’t want to count my Penguins Eggs before their hatched, but I feel a Stanley Cup may be in their future.

That Stanley Cup is going to have be won from the RED WINGS....They are clearly playing the best hockey of any teams left in the playoffs.(9 Straight). But as i stated at the beging of this post, i would love to see the Wings and Penguins in the finals.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post

That Stanley Cup is going to have be won from the RED WINGS....They are clearly playing the best hockey of any teams left in the playoffs.(9 Straight). But as i stated at the beging of this post, i would love to see the Wings and Penguins in the finals.

Right now the Red Wings are in the heads of the Stars and Pens just have better talent . It took them ten minutes to figure it was not a goal when it was a goal. From all the angles the NHL did not want to be accused of a no call like they were in the Buffalo & Stars game a few years back. just my take
    :D

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I know it’s not a popular sentiment, but I will continue to contend that the Wings run is misleading. The competition in the West is pretty lackluster. The disparity amongst the teams can allow for some teams (like the Wings) to have incredible point totals and the appearance of unmatchable quality. The day to day matchups in the East amongst eastern teams are tougher and lead to lower overall point totals, but better quality of play.

I think the ease with which the Wings are coasting through the playoffs is a combination of their being good and an example of just how poor their competition is.

yes they have won 9 in a row, the Pens have one 10 of 11. Who is better? Who has the tougher competition? Who has the better goaltending? Only the Finals will decide.
    www.opticaljedi.com

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I know it’s not a popular sentiment, but I will continue to contend that the Wings run is misleading. The competition in the West is pretty lackluster. The disparity amongst the teams can allow for some teams (like the Wings) to have incredible point totals and the appearance of unmatchable quality. The day to day matchups in the East amongst eastern teams are tougher and lead to lower overall point totals, but better quality of play.

I think the ease with which the Wings are coasting through the playoffs is a combination of their being good and an example of just how poor their competition is.

yes they have won 9 in a row, the Pens have one 10 of 11. Who is better? Who has the tougher competition? Who has the better goaltending? Only the Finals will decide.
    err???

The sentiment the whole year was that it did not matter who won in the East, as the West would take home the cup. Sharks, Stars, Ducks, Wings, Flames, ect. Far better than the Canadiens, Senators, Capitals, and Penguins.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I know that's the popular sentiment but I completely disagree with it. The Penguins manhandled almost every team they played from the West this year.
    www.opticaljedi.com

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    The Penguins manhandled almost every team they played from the West this year.
    With the exception of the Red Wings! I would say that Detroit manhandled the Penguins.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by jediron1 View Post
    From all the angles the NHL did not want to be accused of a no call like they were in the Buffalo & Stars game a few years back. just my take
    :D

Oh my, you had to bring that up again.....That Buffalo game made me sick.

I am still bitter about that and hope the Stars get swept.
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I would say just the opposite,the teams in the west have I believe more parity so it makes it look like they are not as good as the East. Did everyone forget who won it last year? A western team, Ducks

Occupation
    Jordan Staal will not be playing the next game. His grandfather passed away. His grandfather has done a lot for our community and was a great person behind these four Staal players who are nothing but gentlemen.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    Jordan Staal will not be playing the next game. His grandfather passed away. His grandfather has done a lot for our community and was a great person behind these four Staal players who are nothing but gentlemen.
    Thats very Sad:(
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticLabRat View Post
    Thats very Sad:(
    Thing that does bother me is if Jordan wins the cup this year, he would have just missed out. It is one of those things that it would not matter if it was next year or five years from now, but three weeks away.

At least he got to see Eric win it.

In other news, when the Hurricanes won the cup, our mall manager tried his best to get them to bring the Cup to the Mall (each player gets a whole day with the cup). Would have been amazing. Instead they took it to the marina. But maybe Jordan will bring it this time.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I heard about Jordan's grandfather yesterday. Sad. I know how much it hurts to lose someone suddenly.

The win last night seemed almost too easy to me. Frankly it was the most boring game I've watched so far for the Penguins.

Sure looks like a lock for Wings Pens.

The last time the Pens made it to the Cup they went in on a sweep and so did the Western Team. We all remember how that ended, don't we? ;)
    www.opticaljedi.com

Occupation
    I heard about Jordan's grandfather yesterday. Sad. I know how much it hurts to lose someone suddenly.

The win last night seemed almost too easy to me. Frankly it was the most boring game I've watched so far for the Penguins.

Sure looks like a lock for Wings Pens.

The last time the Pens made it to the Cup they went in on a sweep and so did the Western Team. We all remember how that ended, don't we? ;)
    The Pens have never played a Western team in the playoffs.

However, I do remember the Pens winning a cup over a Campbell Conference team (sorry, I am such a smart ***).

Detroit has won a cup or two over Eastern teams.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Of course the Wings have won a few, when a team is as old as they are, both the team and the players have lifted it a few times…

And yes, Campbell. I too prefer the old nomenclature. I miss the Norris, the Wales, the Smythe. Sadly those days are gone.

But if we’re gonna talk history, the last time I team started the playoffs 11-1 was the 1983 Oilers.
    www.opticaljedi.com

Occupation
    Dont forget the Adams division:cheers:
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    WOW! how many times are the officials going to try and give the series to Dallas. Clearly two more goals waived off (that makes a total of three for the series). I wonder if the officials had a conference w/Betman about the monetary benefits of extending the series? But all is well, we will close out the Stars on Saturday back home in Hockey Town!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    WOW! how many times are the officials going to try and give the series to Dallas. Clearly two more goals waived off (that makes a total of three for the series). I wonder if the officials had a conference w/Betman about the monetary benefits of extending the series? But all is well, we will close out the Stars on Saturday back home in Hockey Town!

Ya that ref last night blew that whistle pretty fast and on instant replays clearly shows that goal should have counted. Now I m not one to say the ref's may be in their back pockets but come on a goal is a goal is a goal. Oh well Wings will take it in five at home. Then the Pens will finish the Flyers and the Cup will be Pens vs Wings.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hey! I'm gonna have to call a hooking penalty on you, for that comment. :p
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet View Post
    Hey! I'm gonna have to call a hooking penalty on you, for that comment. :p

More likely boarding or cross checking! :D:bbg:

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by jediron1 View Post
    More likely boarding or cross checking! :D:bbg:
    Easy now! I just feel that we really got screwed with those two calls last night...and since Betman has done such a great job as comish :D it was just a wild thought that i had.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Easy now! I just feel that we really got screwed with
    those two calls last night...and since Betman has done such a great job as comish :D it was just a wild thought that i had.

Now there is a comment that ALL hockey fans can agree on.

That man has single handedly tried to kill the league at least 10 times in the last 15 years.
    www.opticaljedi.com

Thread Information