Thread: Business Building tips:

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Blue Jumper Business Building tips:

I was wondering what methods everyone has used in the past and present to build business and how it worked out for you.

some examples: cleaning cloths & cleaner with business name, selling a $25 warranty and if the warranty is not used withen the year, giving the patient $25 towards thier new eyewear, an incetive to return, things like that, also i would be interested in what has back-fired on you.

as always, thanks

ibrahim

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Right now "Magic Cases" with our name and address on the inside are a big hit. They come in various two color combos or solid black. The two color cases are stripped and completely flip inside out. When you flip them the stripes change position. Since it is the same design, magnetic, you can also do the hidden paper trick with them like the "Magic Wallet" on TV info-mercials.

We used to give $30 off next purchase cards if it looked like a customers own frame was on its last legs, or temples in our case, during a repair or lens only purchase.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Business Builder using imaging system

Hi, Jo
    I've used an imaging system since 1994. I use it to print out two images: 1, the eyewear chosen by the patient, 2, the eyewear of second choice. Side by side on one sheet. In the last 3 years years owners of the system I've dealt with printed out the images (JPG's)on a Microsoft Word97 template, designed as a promotional piece. The patient takes the print out home and shows it to family and friends. The promotion varies, but mostly used is an offer to purchase the second pair at a 25% discount.
    The statistics are as follows:
    15 new customers are brought in for every 100 promotional pieces that are issued. (Not EVERY customer/patient gets it because some providers just don't think of it or for whatever the reason.) The average first sale (that's the only stats I have and secondary sales have not been tracked due to lack of cooperation from providers.) Averaging $175.00 per customer = about $2500 in new business/100 pictures. Cost for the printouts is about $100.00 netting about $2400/100. Over the year it makes decent increases (over $20,000.00/year adjusted gross new biz). The system also stimulates new business in colored contacts....no stats on that. As an assist in frame sales...no great shakes in terms of dollars but in good PR its OK. Lots of talk generated about imaging but have seen little said when using it this way. My guess is that whoever sold these systems to the providers has no idea about how to use these systems to bring in new biz.
    Unfortunately, integration of these systems and point of sale systems has not been done and the developers of the point of sale systems are waiting for a bolt of lightning to wake them up! At this time its a bit cumbersome to do...but makes money, and thats what this thread is all about . . . yes? no?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Apologies to Braheem24

I should have looked more closely as to who started this thread. It's a good one.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    We worked out a deal with a casual dining restaraunt down the street from us. We mail patients purchasing our Jewlery grade (high end) eyewear a $25.00 gift certificate to the restaruant. We bought the gift certificates at a discount below face value. Folks usually end up spending more than the amount so the restaraunt values our patients and also treats them well.
    Word has been getting around of our token of appreciation when purchasing our select eyewear and we have seen an increase in our average sale.

Kevin

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    PAkev:

That's a great idea!

Thread Information