Thread: Optinon (For Optiholic Co-dependents)

Bad address email on file

Unhappy Optiboardanon (For Optiboardaholic Co-dependents)

Hello, my name is Jim and I'm an Optiboardanon. I have admited that I am helpless against Optiboard. I have lost my wife to the cunning ways of addiction. I awake in the middle of the night in an empty bed. I search the house only to find her as if chained to the computer desk. Her hair tossled (not from me) and ashtray full. What horrible grasp does this evil intoxicant hold?

I'm sure all you other spouses, children, parents, significant others, siblings and just people who care about these poor lost souls have asked the same questions as I. I now invite you to become charter members of Optiboardanon. We will probably never be able to defeat this demon, but we can possibly save ourselves from its grasp.

Don't forget to repeat the serenity prayer often. Hope to hear from you soon. Hopefully we can have our initial meeting at VEW.
    Marlena are you with me on this?
    Last edited by BacchusJim; 08-25-2001 at 02:44 PM.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Ahhh Dear Jim, if it's any consolation, if she isn't talking about the Optiboard..... she's talking about how wonderful you are. Looking forward to meeting Lauries'e better half in LV.

John
    J. R. Smith

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    How did I know you were Laurie's husband. Thanks JRS for confirming that.

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar

Smilie

Jim, It doesn't sound like Optiboard is the addiction, it's the smokes..get her into counceling, soon! Al.

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Jim,
    Unfortunately there is no help, no telethon, no relief for what your wife has! Jerry Lewis and Marie Osmond/John Schneider can do nothing for her. She is powerless agaist the magnetic pull of the Optiboard.....

All her vices are here: Love (check the men and women only posts), current events (Gary Condit, Jeffrey Dahmer), humor (anything by Maria), short stories (Pete Hanlin posts) and novels (Darris Chambliss), human drama (do they get the refund or don't they)....

So unfortunately, Jim, you are powerless to stop the Optiattraction! God help the person that gets between her and her laptop! Fear for your life man!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Cindy (Her Co-Dependent Friend!)

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Jim, your sponsor would tell you to "release with love":bbg:
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Originally posted by karen
    Jim, your sponsor would tell you to "release with love":bbg:
    Karen,
    ROFLWTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Cindy

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Re: Optiboardanon (For Optiboardaholic Co-dependents)

Hi Bacchus, My other half is in full agreement with what you say. She has a major problem with me and Optiboard too :D but at the end of the day i'm never going to make a choice between the two :finger:. My sprog is always saying MUM dad's talking to them other ladies again.:hammer:

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Confused To JRS and Jo

Wow, sure didn't take you guys long to figure out this poor guy was my beloved! Am I that far gone that it only figured?;)

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Well.... yes and no. Yes you are too far gone (but aren't we all), but there were alot of clues in the post. Since I've had many conversations with you, and as often as you talk of your beloved, it was a logical conclusion.

See ya soon.
    J. R. Smith

Poor Jim

What is that unhappy quote?: "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here." Yeah, well that pretty well sums it up. It took me years to finally give up trying to compete with Steve's computer. My suggestion would be, if you don't have a hobby, now is the time to get one. I've been taking a couple of classes at our local Junior College each semester for the past ten years, got a part-time job as a Reader and Tutor for a Philosophy class and got deeply involved with an environmental organization. When school's out in summer, I drive 800 miles to visit family in Phoenix for a couple of months. This has saved my sanity and Steve's life, I can assure you. However, the professor for whom I read/tutored retired this year, so my job is gone. We are selling our house and are going to move back to Arizona, so I have not registered for classes this semester. The environmental organization with which I've been involved has just scored a major victory and this is a good time to start disengaging from that, so I am now left alone in this house with nothing but Stevecomputer for company. I am slowly going mad. Don't let this happen to you; it's not pretty. Find a life outside the reach of Optiboard; once someone has fallen into its grasp, they are beyond all hope of salvation. Save yourself.

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    LOL! I am so glad other men are feeling what Bill is right now.
    Poor man. .he's just hanging out on the couch wondering what in the world I'm doing ... he doesn't know what to do with me. I've gotta check the board....thank goodness ya'll understand .

Hey...... I have an idea and haven't talked to him about it yet.... VEW next year... wedding pary/marchon party? same thing? lol
    I'm thinking why not.... tell me ladies... and men

Suzy

Bad address email on file

Symptom or Cause?

It seems Optiboard may just be a symptom to the addiction, obsession systemic to this industry. I well remember how quickly Laurie moved from a part time job while the kids were in school to a 60 hour a week career. Rapidly it became her main topic of conversation and her social life became centered on industry friends. This was before the internet existed, once it did, I suppose this Optiboard was inevitable and who knows what will come next with technological advances?
    You're right Marlena, I must find I hobby or I will sink into insanity. I used to have hobbies. Laurie shared them. But now she hasn't mastered how to type with one hand and hold her tennis racket with the other. She doesn't have wireless connection to sail the boat and surf the board simultainiously. Travel? It used to be her minimum standard for a hotel was room service. Now it's a dataport.
    Yes, I must fill the void. I've looked at her Vision Expo schedule! I decided not to calculate what percentage of time is blocked out to an Optiboard connected activity. I feel we must form the Optiboard widow and widowers club. This way we spouses will know we have someone to speak with about ANYTHING other than the INDUSTRY

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Idea An OptiWedding?

Originally posted by Suzy W
    Hey...... I have an idea and haven't talked to him about it yet.... VEW next year... wedding pary/marchon party? same thing? lol
    I'm thinking why not.... tell me ladies... and men

Suzy
    What an excellent idea! But maybe we should keep him away from this Bacchus guy or it won't happen! LOL;)

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Eh hum,

My name is Darris...er...Mr. Smith and I too am a crossdresseroholic. I've been crossdressing for 10 years now and can't bring myself to stop. I enjoy the silk stockings and chifon not to mention the unmentionables. I haven't lost my wife yet, but it's only a matter of time before she realizes that I look better in her clothes than she does...Wait. Doggonnit! This isn't the right support group either. I'll never get a sponsor for my compulsions. Jeesh!

Dar...er...Mr. Smith C.

Smilie

Laurie C and Steve, From facilitating marriage seminars, we have learned that you NEED to spend at least 15 hours a week (balanced out over 7 days), with you spouses!, that needs to include conversation and recreational companionship, like the tennis or whatever you can mutually agree to participate together, I hear some resentment on the part of your spouses that they are feeling ignored and left our. I can assure you that the Optiboard or nothing else in this life should be nearly as high a priority as the care of your life's mate! As a frequent poster, I find it both stimulating and resourceful, and commend Steve for all his efforts, but you guys need to attend to your mates needs, or you'll be regretting the out come! That's my best Tuesday sermon! Al.

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Al,
    I showed Bill your post on the other thread about things you needed to make a marriage work. He was very impressed and agreeded with everything you wrote.

Darris,
    Honey, we all have known that there was something different about you..... thank you for letting us know the truth. We will help you with this. But, we're not sending clothes!:bbg:

Suzy

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Now let's be PC here. Darris isn't different; he is "special." He isn't a crossdresseroholic; he is "gender specific clothing challenged."

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Yes, the PC version sounds much better

Hello Jo,

Thank you for clearing that up. I thought I was freak or something but after your clarification I now realize that I'm a victim and need financial assistance from the governement to help me through these trying times :)

Suzy,

You can send clothes to me at Bordelo of Lust, c/o Chiffon Wrinkles 2232 Undercover Ln, Sweet, TX 11111 :)

Smith...MR. Smith.

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Originally posted by Al
    we have learned that you NEED to spend at least 15 hours a week (balanced out over 7 days), with you spouses
    Al.
    Hey great that means only just over 2 hours a night in bed :D:D
    and as she's says i talk in my sleep that will cover the conversation as well....
    but how the hell do i keep my eyes open with so little sleep

Smilie

John R, I meant "waking hours"..sleep doesn't count! of course 2-3 hours in bed could count! If the conversation is good!

Thread Information