Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "OptiBoard Anonymous"

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Crier "Optiboard Anonymous"

Hello All,

My name is Cindy and I am an Optiboardaholic!

Group responds: Hi, Cindy!

You know I realized just today that I am at 280 posts on the board! I can remember not long ago that I was at a lowly 100. I find myself checking it 2 times a day and 4-5 times on the weekend! I think you could call it an addiction!

Let's all hope they don't come up with a 12-step program for the Optiboardaholics!

A personal note: I wouldn't trade my time or the people I have met on the board for anything! I love you MAN!:D

~Cindy

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

HI CINDY WELCOME!!! (((GROUP HUG)))!!! Yes I too have been an optiboardaholic....with lots of practice you can make it!!! Have you seen how many posts some of us have???? Some of us can't keep our mouths shut even when we should...present company excluded of course. Keep those posts a'comin'!!!

Steph

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi, my name is Joann and I'm an OptiBoardaholic. I know what you mean Cindy. I am here twice a day just about everyday. OptiBoard has fallen into place with the morning newspaper and the nightly news and I will soon have OptiBoard clothing.

We shouldn't let all of this get to Steve's head 'though. Remember the last act of The Who's Tommy. There's a lesson in that for him. We need to beware if he starts calling OptiBoard "Steve's Holiday Camp."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Question HMMMMMMM........

If we cannot stay away from it, start dressing alike and feel powerless-then wouldn't we be in a cult?

That would make Steve our supreme leader (snicker)! And Darris, oh God, I shudder to think..........

~Cindy

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Big Smile Oh YES

Hi i'm John (In Need of a group hug) If i go more than a day without my fix i become unstable, life is unbearable. Girls i know that together we can make it. Lets not forget this is something We DO NOT want to beat it !! just get the T-Shirt sit down and enjoy

Bad address email on file Jackie L's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I strayed

My name is now Jackie Lincoln and I am an Optiboard-a-holic. (hiccup). Life was not the same before Steve, Darryl and Maria. I must admit that there was a time when I was too busy to post. (the sound of gasping!) But I am back. sniff,sniff

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Hi! My names Harry

I'm a cross addicted Optiboardaholic from Downtown South Sandwich.I'm glad to be here at last!I was in denial until yesterday morning.Jo decided it was time for an intervention.She, right up front, in her AM PM confronted me."I saw you on the board last night.....you are addicted! "

I knew I had 2 choices.I could become anonymous or I could seek the help of others. I seriously considered altering my profile and preferences to allow me to visit the board anonymously.That would give me a "board fix" but not help with the addiction.Thats what brought me here this morning and I must say, you all have made me feel welcome and at home.Thanks for all your support....and "keep coming"!
    Harry J
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Wave My name is Laurie

and I'm an Optiboardaholic. It started simple enough. My first taste was in the early days. My Lab Director came in my office and asked if he could post a job opening on this thing called Optiboard. I trusted his judgment but wanted to take a look for myself. I just lurked and very rarely for a long time. Then it got better and better, and finally, I took that irreversable step. I registered! Even then my cravings were small and I was able to control them, for a while. Reading others thoughts and ideas, what was up in the industry that the Trades, don't tell you, etc. The odd reply to a thread.
    Then I, sigh, started using at work! The only good news is there's not a formal company policy against this and I know the boss so well, I can't believe she'd fire me!
    Now, some days it's 10, 12 times. Just look at me!! I am suffering the side affects of this addiction: computer vision syndrome and carpel tunnel! Last week my husband asked me if I didn't think I was obsessing over a particular thread! Last night, as I was supposed to be watching a movie with him, I had my laptop in place. He said "Laurie, are you on Optiboard?" With shame in my eyes, I considered denial but replied truthfully, yes. At which point he said " Well, if you're really doing something important that can't wait, okay, but otherwise, please get off or consider taking that computer to bed with you, instead of your husband who wants some attention!"
    Hiccup.....another symptom, it's affecting my personal relationships!

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Me too

I guess I have to come out of the closet and admit, that I too am an Optiboaraholic. Even though I have been busy lately, I have sat and wondered what everyone was up to. How Maria was doing, Darris... well we always wonder about Darris don't we? how Jackie is liking her new life, goodness well I've just wondered about everyone! lol
    Ya know, that sad thing is.... if we started a 12-step program we would all to meet at the board to do it... we'd never be cured... not that I want to be.

Suzy

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    HI Stephanie, Jo, John, Jackie L, Harry, Laurie and Suzy!

I am glad we have one another for help and support. Now we can tackle those pesky areas:

Mates in need of attention.
    Housework needing done.
    Children without hot meals.
    Lab jobs piling up.
    Customers waiting.
    ETC.
    ETC.

Who helps the optiboardaholics???????????????

~Cindy:hammer:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Laurie C:

Why did you have to go and make that post? Now I am exhibiting another symptom. I am sitting here in a room alone laughing out loud to myself. Now everyone thinks I've gone over the deep end. :D :D

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

JO...........

Tell them the Optivoices told you to laugh! Hahahahahahahaha!

~Cindy:p

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wink

Yea hehehehehe the optivoices...yea yea!! I am not crazy...me neither...me too...it is the optivoices HEY SHUT UP!!! NO YOU SHUT UP!!!! they're coming to take me away haha!!!

Steph

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Okay, you two are starting to scare even me now. ;)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I hear those voices also. They keep telling me to post to the optiboard... surf the optiboard. I'm not possessed! Am I?:bbg:

Suzy

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oh no! I just read Steve's announcement saying OptiBoard is going to be down for maintenance in: OptiBoard News and Announcements > Planned Outage - August 26 03:00am-03:30am EST . :(

What if I have trouble getting to sleep or wake up in the wee hours of the morning? Without OptiBoard what am I going to do? You don't seriously think I would watch television or read a book at that hour, do you? How will I sleep just knowing OptiBoard isn't there if I need it?

I think I may need a sponsor's help to get through this one.

I blame this all on my fourth grade teacher. At that time, it seemed so innocent, just writing to a pen pal. Now look at what it has turned into.
    This is your brain :)
    This is your brain on OptiBoard
    (Well, at least at 3:00-3:30 AM it is.)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ok Jo..... now I'm laughing out loud!:D
    Thank goodness it's only the cats here to look at me funny right now..... if I wake up at that time and try and long on I'm blaming it all on you :bbg:

Suzy

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Me Too

Well i guess I'll have to jump in and confess too. I check whats going on the board as soon as I check in to a hotel - every night! I do it before I even check my corporate email or other messages - I think I have my priorities in order Thank you very much.
    Gotten so bad that I do it as soon as I get home too. Don't unpack, barely speak to the wife, and run in and check the board. If my wif comes into my office, and sees this screen up, she just walks away. She has learned.... there is no talking to me while I'm studying the latest threads.

However, in our defense, where else could we learn as much, meet new and talented people within our industry, and have a good ol' laugh. This is the place to be!!!!

Signed,
    Addicted and PROUD of It.
    J. R. Smith

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Valid point

You do have a valid point there JRS. There is no other place that brings together such a diverse group of people in the industry.
    That thought will keep us sane :)

Suzy "who was never sane to begin with"

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    See, this is how OptiBoard gets you. It is 12 Midnight here on the East Coast. So many people have been posting tonight that threads are actually flowing like conversations. This makes it near close to impossible to walk away from the keyboard; however, I know I must go because I have to wake up early tomorrow.

I know I can do it! Of course, the only reason I know I can do it is because the PC is on the way from my bedroom to coffee maker. The AM routine involves turning the PC on which will automatically log on to the internet and OptiBoard and by the time I have poured my coffee and gone out front to bring in the paper the PC will be ready for me to start my Forum surfing.

Actually, this is all Darris' fault. He is the one that infiltrated other Optical Forums so long ago now with his dynamic posting style and witty responses and told us all that we had to visit OptiBoard if we wanted more. I have never been able to stay away since. We are always thanking Steve for making OptiBoard available and alway working to improve our Virtual Home but ... Thanks Darris for letting me know it was here!
    :cheers:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Count me among you. I once went three days without visiting optiboard...my mom wouldn't let me on her laptop when we were visiting Boone, NC (she insisted that she had to finish editing a chapter in her book. Ok, we were there to see her writer friends, but really!...if I had known where to find will saake, I would have beaten his door down begging to be let on his PC to check in.)
    Jo? You have time to read a real newspaper? I'm impressed!!
    JP

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Well, now I'm totally out of control!

Everybody hold hands with me and join in the Serenity Prayer. This whole thread is tickling me so much that I've been laughing non stop ever since Jo's post about sitting alone laughing and all the way through to the last. The cats are staring at me and my husband came in to see what was going on. I tried to explain optivoices to him and now he's sitting with our Aetna Health Plan book seeing what our psychiatric coverage is.

Disclaimer, I hope anyone who has ever benefitted from a 12 Step program, as have I (ACA and Alanon) will take all this in the tongue in cheek manner it's intended.:)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hey... been through Alanon kinda.... I know what ya mean.
    Had a really cool co-worker when I was younger and learned alot about all of that... and yes I still do drink sometimes.
    About those voices....they do tell you some interesting things don't they? lol

Suzy

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Wave HELP MEEEEE

Originally posted by Jo
    Oh no! I just read Steve's announcement saying OptiBoard is going to be down for maintenance in: OptiBoard News and Announcements > Planned Outage - August 26 03:00am-03:30am EST . :(

Oh no this will put it at about 09.30 gmt Steve you must complain i need my morning fix before breakfast. I cannot go downstairs with out first checking for new posts..... Please Please Please help meeeeeeeeee..
    Even the thought of bed or food is not enough its oh look another post to read oh it will only take 5 mins dear :D 2 hour later.......

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Disclaimer, I hope anyone who has ever benefitted from a 12 Step program, as have I (ACA and Alanon) will take all this in the tongue in cheek manner it's intended.
    Laurie C:

Of course! If only the rest of the world understood the real humor involved in all of this. I guess with the 3 AM down time you and I should help set up the coffee and chairs.

Thread Information