Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "OptiBoard Anonymous"

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    When the judge sentenced me to a meeting of Optiboard Anonymous for fitting a pair of SV polycarb without taking an OC I thought "What do I need that for- I am a certified optician, I don't need the advice and support of a bunch of people. I know what I am doing" I was just gonna get my court card signed and move on. But now that I am here and I see all that there is to learn- I will keep coming back. Now if there was just a OptiAlAnon meeting for my hubby to go to :D

P.S. to Jo- I'll make the coffee and clean the ashtrays!!
    Last edited by karen; 08-25-2001 at 10:02 PM.
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    There is now! See the thread Jim started.
    J. R. Smith

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I can't seem to tear myself away.....

The trials and tribulations of Maria, her adventures across the big pond, Darris' ramblings, Jo's input, Laurie's psychosis, Suzy's and Stephanie's voices.......

Why go anywhere else? You want drama, you want realism, you want nosepads caked with face cheese?????

Don't touch that mouse...Tune in again and again....Same optitime, same optiplace, same optichannel.......

What is that? A giant PD stick in the sky?????? Steve has put out the Optiboard Signal. Posters unite!......

~Cindy (I am this close to being "locked up")

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    :p I am laughing so hard I can hardly stand it!!! Thank God for this comic relief or some of us might really go insane (not a long time for some of us mind u) It is really great to be able to carry on this way especially as much stress as some of us must bottle up at work. It has to be released somehow. I find myself just needing to get home so I can share with others in the same situation. Sometimes I feel like once I got into this business is when I hit my rock bottom!!! LOL!!!! Yea you might want to get my husband into Optialanon. Poor guy has been wanting me to watch this movie with him all week and here I am on the optiboard and he is watching it alone (well sort of I AM HERE)LOL!!! Good thing he is a nice guy some women might get beat up for this kind of behavior!!!
    Steph
    Thanks guys for the great laughter it is what I needed!!!

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Well. guess I really am an addict. ...sitting here at the man's place and what am I doing???? Surfing the board!

Hi my name is Bill and I wuv suzy :)

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Dang him! He did that not me! lol
    He's watched me way too much on the board and he just wanted to say hi.

Ya'll will get to meet him next year at VEW.
    Suzy

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That's OK Suzy; Bill, like Jim needs support too! :D You should send him to the Optinon thread.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Thumbs up I made it, I made it!!!!!!

I survived! My favorite enabler, Bacchus, had all kinds of alternative fixes ready for me: Wine, chocolate, (not my cigarettes he hates those and I don't smoke indoors ever at CA home and only NY one when it's 20 degrees and he's not there) kitties to cuddle, etc. You guys were there for me, the outage came and went, another day at a time has passed! Thanks you guys.

and now Jo, I'll help you clean that coffee pot and ashtrays.

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Wave Pray folks pray

Please pray for me that my phone line dont go down no more after asking Steve to stop a planed 30 min outage i then suffer the horror of horrors :drop: no tone on the phone :hammer: Took a long 5 mins on the mobile to report the fault, then as its bank holiday a even longer 4 hours to fix (crawling up the walls by now shouting at wife and kid) only for it to go down again after an hour took even longer to report this time mobile battery flat, parents out, in-laws out, call box out of action ended up begging a neighbour to borrow the phone to call bt, took best part of 15 hours to fix this time.
    I dont ask much out of life only i get a stable phone line to feed my need....................
    The good Mrs is now breathing a lot easier :D

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hello,

I was a three bird a day pussycat until BA showed me the error of my ways...Oops. This is the wrong support group for that isn't it? Darnnit! :)

Darris...er...I mean, Mr Jones C.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Dar er... Mr. Smith C

The cross dressing, bird munching forum is on the JerrySpringer.com website! I understand you will be on next week's show-a two parter! And hey, wipe that dress wearing, hose tugging, high heel prancing, cat that ate the canary grin off your face and dear God man-GET A HOBBY!

BTW, You look mahvelous!;)

~Cindy

Bad address email on file ioconnell's Avatar
    Occupation
    Hi I'm Ian hoping that I am not an optiboardaholic (am I). been here nearly 3 wweeks and have 30 posts. gfde. Any way if the worst comes to the worst i have prepared a special backup plan.hehehe. Haagen-das sensual eating program. PLEASURE IS THE PATH TO JOY jhjhop. sometimes I think that if I dont stop laughing soo hard I shall burst me boiler.

Ian

Occupation

To Iocconnell

Ian!!!!! Face it, you have become one of us and welcome!:cheers:

Occupation
    :D :D :D :bbg: :bbg: D'oh

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Originally posted by ioconnell
    [B] Haagen-das sensual eating program. PLEASURE IS THE PATH TO JOY

[B]
    Yes, yes...Oh God Yes!

I think you have found Eden my dear boy! :D

~Cindy

Occupation

Blue Jumper There she goes again!

Originally posted by cah2020

Yes, yes...Oh God Yes!

I think you have found Eden my dear boy! :D

~Cindy
    :bbg: :D :bbg: :finger:
    Careful, did you ever see "When Harry Met Sally", Ian?

Occupation
    no i have not seen it, only "When Brendan met Trudy"

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    As Homer Simpson once said, "Beer- the cause of and solution to most of life's problems!"

OptiBoard has literally changed my life in several ways... my current job is a result of being on OptiBoard (hmmmm, come to think of it ;) ), and I've met sooooo many people over the past four or five years!

My only hope in life is that someday everyone will realize that Bumblebee Yellow is the only color scheme that yields the perfect OptiBoard experience!

Pete "I could quit anytime I wanted" Hanlin
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Ten Signs of OptiBoard Dependence:

[list=1][*]Repetitive stress disorder affecting the mouse hand (from lurking) or the fingers (from typing)[*]Pale from lack of sunshine. Splits time between work and PC.[*]Dark circles under eyes[*]Dry, red, irritated eyes from fixation on screen - forgets to blink[*]Withdrawal from regular activities[*]Hangs out with a new strange crowd[*]Uses Dispensing Tips and Ophthalmic Optics as replacements for normal instructional material[*]Gets DT's if there is breaking headline news and individual cannot access Just Conversation[*]Individual may get started with a free trial of AOL Online; then may resort to crime in order to cover expenses of maintaining internet service when trial runs out[*]Hallucinates, often claims that someone named Darris is the supreme leader of the universe[*]Seen wearing gang "colors;" the uniform usually includes polo shirts; beware, fights may erupt between gangs wearing lilac and those gangs wearing black and yellow[/list=1]If you or someone you love exhibits three or more of these symptoms please seek professional help.

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar

Smilie

Well, I gave up Optiboard for a few weeks, but really missed the commentary and stress outlet. Al.

Occupation

Wave ANOTHER OUTAGE!!!!! HELP!!!!!

My name is Laurie and I'm an OptiBoardAholic

I got up this morning, said my Serenity Prayer and prepared to jump in the office for a very busy work agenda. But to start the day I decided "well, one little peak at the board wouldn't hurt while I finish my coffee." And then I see Steve's announcement of a planned outage of 15 to 30 minutes tonight. Well, I think I can get through it. But then I read on and (GASP!) 5 to 10 HOURS tomorrow?

I'm sitting here in a cold sweat with the shakes and the 1st outage is still hours away. I need a meeting guys.

Okay, deep breaths, deep breaths:hammer:

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Never fear, there IS life without OptiBoard!

Now, now Laurie...

Just go in the living room and watch football with Mr. Jim! If I might be so bold as to recommend a vintage, the Eagles v. Bears game should be particularly delightful!

For the rest of you, I offer the Top Ten things to do while OptiBoard is down.

10. Go through your trays of uncollected jobs and send post cards threatening to dismantle your procrastinating patient's jobs (knowing that, if you do, it is GUARANTEED they will arrive the very next day looking for their eyeglasses)...
    9. Sort the "tap-n-snap" screws that get scattered all over the dispensary workspace by all the other slobs (because heaven knows you ALWAYS put them back in the little tubes when you are done with them) that work in your optical...
    8. Snuggle with spouse/significant other/pet (who will immediately eye you with suspicion and say "So, is OptiBoard down or something???") Of course, assuming you can BS your way past that comment, perhaps your snuggling will lead to something more, um, productive... (for tips on what you may need after you have chosen this option, contact Jeff Trail- aka "new daddy-" at...)
    7. Do your taxes (that is, if you have received your W-2's already and you are pretty sure you are getting money back this year... otherwise, put those taxes off until 15 April like the rest of us)
    6. Wash your car (for folks South of the Mason-Dixon line)- for you snowbirds, change the oil in the snowblower and chainsaw (if you don't have one, use this time to go purchase one!)
    5. Take down the Christmas lights that are still on the front of the house (yes, I KNOW you haven't taken them down yet, and no- the latter part of January is NOT still "sorta Christmas time")
    4. Offer to do some menial chore or task that the spouse/significant other asked you to do weeks ago (to which you will receive the same suspicious comment noted in #8)
    3. Search for other Optical Bulletin Boards and post annoying messages about how much better OptiBoard is... (anyone needing advice on how to do this may contact Darris Chambless at...)
    2. Write Steve a nice email thanking him for all the times OptiBoard is up and working (oh, forget I said that, after all, we Opticians are an ungrateful, slovenly lot by nature... I'm sure he understands)
    and the number one thing to do during tomorrow's OptiBoard outage...
    1. Take the kids; go grocery shopping; buy beer; come home; put a video in for the kids to watch back in their bedroom; take the phone off the hook (but keep it and the number to the local Dominoes Pizza nearby); change into pajamas and slippers; strategically place beer, snacks, remote(s), pipes, cigars, and/or cigarettes where they can be reached from the Lazy-Boy, and hunker down for two, count'em, two NFL playoff games!

:D :cheers:
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Crier Oh noooo

A planed 5 to 10 hours that means at least a day..........in puter speek.....And worst of all thats at my peak viewing time in the evening after kiddie's in bed (only 8 year old who goes to bed at 6.00 at school....) so i get piece and quite....
    Still looks like i might have a diversion to keep me quite and no not number 8 either her indoors is well aware of that one.... With any luck i should have some nice new goddies to go inside the puter going to a puter fair to pick something nice for the puter as its 1st birthday is due at the end of the month...:hammer: I have asked it what it would like and it cant seem to make its mind up a nice new proceser or more memory larger hard drive..... If i'm lucky the wife will stay in the shopping mall while i sneek out to the fair and fill the boot of the car....:drop:

Master OptiBoarder sandeepgoodbole's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

One more please..

This is Sandeep,
    My wife's getting progressively jelous of OB.
    May be I will have to buy new moniter if she retorts on it.!!My 10 yr girl objects and puts her hand on the forehead says'" Punha.( Again). Optibord?.. dady will you stop spoiling our holidays even ?"
    I am on opposite side of your part of the globe of mosts of you,
    have a totally different way of things and circumstances, and trying to understand, improove myself because of OB. I never thought that Information technology can make me get up at 3 am and stick to the keybord.
    ;) ;)

Occupation

Welcome, Sandeep

We understand your pain. There is also an Optinon for your wife and child. They may need it. Once you have, what we in the USA , refer to as: "A Monkey On Your Back" it's hard to break the addiction. Of course, us Boarders don't want to :bbg:

Thread Information