View Poll Results: Over the past 7 years, how would you rate President Bush’s Overall Performance?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overall, I would rate his performance as Great

6 10.71%
  • Overall, I would rate his performance as Good

7 12.50%
  • Overall, I would rate his performance as OK

4 7.14%
  • Overall, I would rate his performance as Poor

9 16.07%
  • Overall, I would rate his performance as Terrible

30 53.57%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rate President Bush's Performance

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I know

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I've seen working poor, and it doesn't look like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Grubendol View Post
    If we’re going to discuss honest interpretations and keeping things in context, we both know that anyone who is among the working poor cannot move that easily. My wife and I make what would be considered a fairly comfortable salary, especially outside of LA, but even with that when we moved three weeks ago, we had to borrow money from family to afford the deposit, let alone the cost of moving vans, etc. /quote]

This reminds me of some of my employees. They buy the latest cell phones (mine's 4 yrs old), they update their computers regularly, get tatoos, and spend money on items that some would consider "non-essentials". They do not budget, and I mean budget in a "realistic" sense. They often moan about barely making it to payday.

If I'm reading your post correctly, you have categorized yourself in the "working poor" bracket. This is exactly what I'm talking about:

You wrote...
    That's actually the entry lobby for the new cirque du soleil show in Vegas, Love....it's the Beatles show. If you look closely you can see the silhouettes of the Beatles in the "Help!" jump with me posing in as a 5th beatle ;) [quote]

Hey everybody deserves a vacation, or a honeymoon, or whatever, but if you do that, and then you have to borrow money for basics (such as moving to affordable housing), then some basic budgeting principals need to be applied here.

Emergencies, unforseen circumstances, babies, vacations...they're all part of living. I've seen "working poor" when I traveled to India, Brazil, and even parts of Appalachia right here in the US. Hopefully, you'll never really be part of the working poor.

This isn't meant to be a personal attack on you. It's just that I think the term "poor" is thrown around much too carelessly.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Why is it OK to tell people with "less" that they have enough, they're just using it incorrectly or behaving in wasteful ways, but it's out of bounds to say that someone has enough?
    ...Just ask me...

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's O.K. to tell people with less, if you want more you gotta get off your behind and earn it, because I sure ain't gonna give it to you.

Do you realize how many people "just sit's on the porch, eats and has babies?" That earn more than you do for such a worthwhile endevor?

Of course they do vote democrat, I wonder why?

Chip

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    ...Do you realize how many people "just sit's on the porch, eats and has babies?" That earn more than you do for such a worthwhile endevor?
    No, how many?
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    ...Do you realize how many people "just sit's on the porch, eats and has babies?" That earn more than you do for such a worthwhile endevor?
    No, how many? My guess is none.
    ...Just ask me...

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Spex: I see these people every day (I do a lot of "charity" prosthetic eyes). Unfortunately, I also see the very wealthy ones that are having thier prosthesis paid for by Chip's, Medicaid, etc. Because the stupid system conciders them disabled, or impaired, or to have limited capabilites.

In our state unfortuately 67% of our education budget goes to bussing, about 25% to "administration." About 65% of our population is on some sort of federal or state assistance. Another all too high of a percent is employed by the state, or federal government.

About 25% of our hospital and emergency room bills are charged off or paid for by the state because the patient's can't or won't pay thier bills.

If you need more I am quite sure that I can get "official statistics" for you.

Chip

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubendol View Post
    Dude, you’ve got jedi in your name, you can’t be all bad ;)

True!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Spex: I see these people every day (I do a lot of "charity" prosthetic eyes). Unfortunately, I also see the very wealthy ones that are having thier prosthesis paid for by Chip's, Medicaid, etc. Because the stupid system conciders them disabled, or impaired, or to have limited capabilites.

In our state unfortuately 67% of our education budget goes to bussing, about 25% to "administration." About 65% of our population is on some sort of federal or state assistance. Another all too high of a percent is employed by the state, or federal government.

About 25% of our hospital and emergency room bills are charged off or paid for by the state because the patient's can't or won't pay thier bills.

If you need more I am quite sure that I can get "official statistics" for you.

Chip
    Up here we thank God for Mississippi, because that's usually the only state ranked lower than us in most anything.
    We have our fair share of porch-sittin' baby machines here too.
    And years ago I worked in McDowell County, WV - a backwards county by any standard, and actually saw this - a small creek by the road with a decrepit home-built bridge across it, a one-room tar-paper shack on the property with a brand new Cadillac parked out in the dirt. Or the weed-cutting crew's head man that captures copperheads so he can inject their venom into the back of his hand for "rheumatis med'cine". Actually it was so he could handle snakes in the church without getting killed if bitten so he could always be extra holy. Really.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Thread Information