Thread: A Crazy week?

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar

Smilie A Crazy week?

Last week was truly amazing....Ruth and I have taught a 9 week marriage seminar all summer, the classes are about 3 hours, with about 10 hours of preparation each week confined in a room with between 6-10 couples discussing all of marriages "issues", so though it was a blessing to all, we were glad that it was over and very successful. two days later my step-mom passed away, with the funeral Thursday in Tyler nad the burial in Arlington; then, on Friday, my son amnnounced that he and his wife were going to have our first grandchild; then Saturday was my daughter's college graduation! Very busy week.! I'm not ready to be a granpa yet!!

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hello Al,

My wife and I went to a similar seminar before we could be married in a Catholic church. The seminar was called "Engaged Encounter" and was help at a Catholic retreat center. It was over a weekend, started at 5:00AM and went until 2:00 or 3:00AM ??? It was exhausting and if that didn't cause us to rethink marriage I don't know what would have :) We made it through just fine and have been married going on 10 years now ( a record by todays standards me thinks)

Sorry to hear about your step mom. I hope everyone is holding up well and doing fine. Holler if you need anything.

As to grandparenthood, I'm sure you can handle it just fine. I'm still enjoying being a parent to my daughter and am sure I will enjoy being a grandparent when the time comes. Everything is an adventure to me and I look forward to each and every one with a smile on my face and peace and love in my heart.

Take care,

Darris C.

PS. May the rest of the weeks be calm and tranquil.

Thread Information