Thread: Vision ease

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Question Vision ease

I understand that Ve has shut down its specials plant in the states and moved it to the far east. This is causing us a few problems as specials are taking a bit longer and as for 1.7 index "D" segs forget it, they are saying that they cannot get the production of them right.
    Still ther loss is someones gain as we are mananging to get most to change to 1.7 index round 30 segs...

Any one else having trouble ??

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    John,

We went through the same thing when Essilor decided to move a "few" casters to Mexico :-) ..Getting the thin&lites was a nightmare for a while...
    Could be worse.. Silor decided that, to improve, turn around they moved the majority of stuff we had here in Florida to Ohio and the other part of the staff that was in Tampa to Dallas and it has been a NIGHTMARE.. I ordered 13 pair the other day filling in some stock and it came in 7 different shipments!!..not bad for them since they charged me shipment for all those...ARRGGG..
    I know my backorder and "orders filled from other locations" has trippled since they moved to "make my life easier" ...

Jeff "sometimes the answer for the corp. is NOT the answer for us people buying the product" Trail

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Shipping Charges

Jeff:

Try tellling them you will pay only one shipping charge per order (yours) no matter how many places they ship from. Believe it or not most companies will aques to this.

Chip:p

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Chip,

Oh be sure that I called when they do these things but the amount of orders I place and on a daily basis it is a nightmare trying to get it all figured out.. You figure I usually order from 3 to 5 different lens companies a day, as well as a couple of AR coating places then you mix all the places in with back orders here and there I get anywhere from 10 to 15 orders shipped to me a day and they are all mixed in with back order stuff and.. well you get my drift on how hard it is to keep it all in order...last month I ordered something from Essilor every working day of the month..and ended up having around a 140 ivoices ...now you have to keep track of which ones were the original order and which ones were not (they do not put that on the invoices anywhere) This was supposed to make our lives "easier" and mutiply those numbers by all the companies I order from :-)
    The worst part is the wholesalers still have people in Tampa so we are supposed to deal with them but you fax in your orders and sometimes they do it or sometimes it forwards to Ohio and ????? and they use the ole "the computers were down" answer..
    YIKES...anyone looking to buy a wholesale lab so I can retire and go fishing and play with my soon to be be born "peanut" ? LOL

Jeff "I'm to young for an ulcer" Trail

Thread Information