View Poll Results: (02/08) Who would you like to see as the next President of the United States?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Clinton

2 7.41%
  • Mike Gravel

0 0%
  • Mike Huckabee

5 18.52%
  • John McCain

2 7.41%
  • Barack Obama

12 44.44%
  • Ron Paul

4 14.81%
  • Mitt Romney

2 7.41%
  • Other Democratic candidate

0 0%
  • Other Republican candidate

0 0%
  • Other independent or third party candidate

0 0%
  • Not sure

0 0%
  • No preference

0 0%

Thread: (02/08) Who would you like to see as the next President of the United States?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist

(02/08) Who would you like to see as the next President of the United States?

The results of Optiboard's January's Straw Poll are listed here:http://www.optiboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26653

Barack Obama won (16%, 7 votes), Fred Thompson placed (14%, 6 votes), and Hillary Clinton and Mike Huckabee both showed (each with 11%, 5 votes). John Edwards was fifth (9%, 4 votes) and Rudy Giuliani and Ron Paul tied for sixth (7%, 3 votes). John McCain was eighth (5%, 2 votes) and Bill Richardson and Mitt Romney tied for ninth (2%, 1 vote). Joe Biden and Chris Dodd received no votes.

Democrats Biden, Dodd, Edwards, Kucinich, and Richardson are all of the race, as are the Republicans Giuliani and Thompson. I won't add Nader or Bloomberg until they announce their intentions to run.

Thanks to all those who voted!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Obviously I'm truly saddened to see the real progressives out of the race. But of those left, I am most definitely supporting Obama. That being said going into last night's debate I was dead set against the idea of Hillary....I came out of the debate actually thinking she may not be as bad as I feared.

I found it particularly interesting that they wouldn't rule out running together. Very intriguing.
    www.opticaljedi.com
    www.facebook.com/opticaljedi
    www.twitter.com/opticaljedi

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I'd like to see Ron Paul (P) and Mike Gravel (VP).

That would test a theory I have, that regardless of whichever personalities or platforms are elected, what happens after a new administration takes office is not going to be much different than what happened in the previous administration. Wars iike Iraq and Afghanistan will continue to happen or not, and follow the same general course, depending mostly on events and decisions that are at the initiative of people overseas, in whatever countries or "groups" (like al-Qaida) that are not deterred from starting or persisting in conflicts with the United States. Even President Dennis Kucinovich would soon be busy giving the orders to generals and admirals to move troops and aircraft carriers from here to there overseas, call up specific reserve units, present the plans for this or that new miitary operation or deployment to NATO; etc.

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by rinselberg View Post

Even President Dennis Kucinovich would soon be busy giving the orders to generals and admirals to move troops and aircraft carriers from here to there overseas, call up specific reserve units, present the plans for this or that new miitary operation or deployment to NATO; etc.
    Such resignation can only be admired! I'm reminded of that part-claymation movie where the gods on Olympus made constant mischief with humanity. Feel free to vote carelessly, it's out of your hands!

Interesting tidbit came along - MoveOn held a vote amongst its rather liberal (I would think) subscriber base, as to which candidate it should endorse, and Obama won 70%-30%. I guess Clinton succeeded in reforming her image, all right.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by shanbaum View Post
    Such resignation can only be admired! I'm reminded of that part-claymation movie where the gods on Olympus made constant mischief with humanity. Feel free to vote carelessly, it's out of your hands!

Interesting tidbit came along - MoveOn held a vote amongst its rather liberal (I would think) subscriber base, as to which candidate it should endorse, and Obama won 70%-30%. I guess Clinton succeeded in reforming her image, all right.

The movie you speak of is Clash of the Titans….

And amongst all the liberals I know, Hillary has a very small amount of support in comparison to Obama. Though I still do have a sizable number of friends who are undecided….and we vote in a few days!
    www.opticaljedi.com
    www.facebook.com/opticaljedi
    www.twitter.com/opticaljedi

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    *Super Tuesday bump*

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    I'd like Ron Paul to win but the fix is already in.

We're going to end up with Hilary who will magically make a comeback and like her husband suddenly be known as the comeback kid for a while and Barack will take his place as her VP and be sadly and soundly defeated by Jeb Bush in 2012 to continue the mess his brother started.

Thread Information