Thread: *Sigh* More Concerns...

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

*Sigh* More Concerns...

So the month of January has brought lots of changes for our practice...

I had decided to eliminate a few collections from a manufacturer and more importantly a rep I can no longer support. When I don't see or hear from you for more than a year, I don't care how stellar your collection is, I won't keep my business with you.

However this business seems incestuous.. Not only do we have a tendency to jump from one optical business to another, but typically we have additional family members who are in the profession as well.

I have a couple of collections by one manufacturer that do well for me. I not only wear pieces from them, but so do many of our other staff members. This manufacturer uses one rep to service the whole line..

Our previous rep moved, and after several months of searching they have finally hired a new rep. I had no complaints during this time because the VP of Sales personally called on me several times to make sure we were doing well as an account and even offered a discount on some product to compensate for the lack of personal interaction...

However we have a new rep! One that is married to the rep who is being sent packing for failure to follow through on their product. My concerns are that this is going to create a bad situation. I really hope not.. but it still concerns me.

Should I be? I know if we receive less than adequate service I can call the boss.. *shrug*
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    However we have a new rep! One that is married to the rep who is being sent packing for failure to follow through on their product. My concerns are that this is going to create a bad situation. I really hope not.. but it still concerns me.
    Give it a fair chance. If its an issue, notify the VP of sales that helped you, and see if you can get any relief, such as house account. If not, bu bye.
    Remember, its business.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I agree with obxeyeguy give it a chance. Besides if the rep you sent packing knows why they were dropped, then maybe the spouse will be very attentive to your needs so the same thing doesn't happen to them. And if it does create problems follow obxeyeguy's suggestions.

Thread Information