Thread: "Crude": History Channel trumps Al Gore

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

"Crude": History Channel trumps Al Gore

"An Inconvenient Truth", the climate change documentary that's been promoted by Nobel laureate Al Gore, has received mixed reviews from the global audience.

Regardless of whether or not you've seen the "Gore movie" or what you're already inclined to believe about oil and climate related issues, I highly recommend Crude: a new two-hour documentary that was aired earlier today on The History Channel. This is an unequivocally rave review. Crude scores 11 on a scale of 1 to 10.

I don't see anything new in terms of oil and climate related issues and concerns, but the program explains the science (much of it recent) behind terms like "peak oil", "greenhouse climate" and "global warming" in the most engaging way I've seen to date. It's a landmark in terms of scientific narration and computer generated imagery and animation. From the way that oil was created in the age of the dinosaurs, through the emergence of the modern oil industry in Pennsylvania, to the game-changing discoveries in the Middle East and up to the present day, it puts the whole story together in the most viewer friendly and captivating style yet.

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:22 pm Post subject: Endorse The History Channel's "Crude"

Just saw this program ("Crude": 8-10 PM EST Jan 27) and it was simply the most well-done, informative and attention-grabbing program I've seen related to peak oil concerns. This program should be endorsed and viewed by every single member of this site.

"An Inconvenient Truth" this isn't. It's also not "Lost Worlds" or some other pompous History Channel program. It was concise, stuck to facts and experts and the production values were excellent. Two hours of enthralling oil and climate-related topicality.

See it. Spread it. It's important stuff.

I joined this site [Peak Oil News] specifically to encourage the virality of the program. And no, I do not work for A&E Networks.
    Poster: Peak Oil News.

For more about this program, see Crude: The History Channel.
    Last edited by rinselberg; 01-28-2008 at 03:10 PM.

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I caught the show.....

I caught the show and it was everything you said above. Highly reccomended for those who think oil is here to stay!It was tricky trying to keep up with that carbon molecule! :)
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Master OptiBoarder keithbenjamin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I set my TiVo to look for it, but it doesn't appear to be airing again any time soon.

-Keith

Thread Information