Thread: what is the most efficient lab equipment

Bad address email on file

what is the most efficient lab equipment

what is the most efficient surfacing and finishing equipment out there...

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar

Smilie

I like Nat'l Optronics, personally, but they all take intelligent operators to make them efficient.

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    1optibuyclub:

How much volume do you plan on running?

Bad address email on file kjw1231's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Just Wondering...

Are you looking to service outside accounts or internal only? We are looking to integrate our POS system directly into LAB systems.

Thanks.

E-MAIL ME HERE

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

I'll have to go along with Al on this one- Have had my best luck with Optronics (the new 6E is awesome!), but they can't edge glass. For glass (and other materials as needed) take a look at the Weco stuff. As for surfacing, I've never had anything better than LOH, from blocking to generating to polishing. Hope this helps.

Larry

Originally posted by Jo
    1optibuyclub:

How much volume do you plan on running?

20-30 jobs per day, and I have found a space with 700 square feet with about 550 for the lab

thanks for any help...

Originally posted by lguess
    I'll have to go along with Al on this one- Have had my best luck with Optronics (the new 6E is awesome!), but they can't edge glass. For glass (and other materials as needed) take a look at the Weco stuff. As for surfacing, I've never had anything better than LOH, from blocking to generating to polishing. Hope this helps.

Larry

Larry
    LOH was actually the way I was thinking of going... but I am not sure wheather I will have the capital to get it... however I do not have any interest in doing glass and perhaps the 6E would be the way to go... I have worked on weco, and gerber equipment before and I am not interested in going that direction...that would be great to start out with LOH, I heard they have surfacing without fining or polishing...

thanks for your advise...
    Don

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar

Smilie

Don, I have been using dry cut Optronics edging for several years now, got the 6E last year, marvelous machine;no waste managemnet problems either, quiet too! I think one of LOH generators will do a cut that eliminate fining, but not polishing. Also, if space seems to be a problem the Optronics generator is about the same size as the edger, sits on the counter top! best thing to do is go to Vision Expo West next month and look at the equipment there, it would be worth it to you! Best of luck. Al.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Purchase the equipment that will 1) do the job types you need done within your facility and 2) that you are willing to maintain. No matter how much (or little) you pay for equipment, if you let it get in bad condition - it is worth nothing.
    J. R. Smith

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    i have had a full surfacing lab for 18 yrs all optronics generator to patternless edger alot of maintence very costly. but i have had the same equipment for 18 yrs basicaly its been good but all parts are expensive. today i would do things different no more surfacing its not cost effective buy a unbelievable edger briot santilnelli and go to town. i have been surfacing for 18 yrs i dont know how to stop its what i do, its a habit alloy................ i still buy it........ can anyone really understand?

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Welcome to the board SPEX, how did you manage to dig up this 6 year old thread? :D

Banned
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    A LOH setup for surface. The V-50 will run most needs of medium size labs. It very efficiently changes from plastic materials to glass and back. I'd say less than a minute for the change. There are no coolant problems doing this. Optronics is no good for high volume. If you chose Optronics you run no glass. The tool towers are very efficient but are only practical in very high volume. I have seen millions of dollars of edger loading robots wrapped in plastic after failing to operate with out ruining many lenses. I don't know of any one edger that will cut glass, groove and polish poly and drill. For 20-30 JPD,I just advise strongly against running glass. You will never get your investments back running glass in a low volume situation.

Thread Information